Senior Lead Desktop Support Technician
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Looking for a Senior Lead End User Support candidate to mentor 2 others and be the lead engineer. End user support of 800 end users. 5,000 Windows, Mac, Video, Mobile, Zoom, etc. Would like automation skills Cloud Scripting in Powershell VB must have great soft skills
The End User team provides engineering and support for key end user technologies across the organization including: all desktops and laptops, mobile devices (smartphones and tablets), printers/copiers, conference room technology. They are also responsible for managing all store and warehouse technology to include: POS machines, general-use PCs, printers, and hand-held devices.
- Coordinate second and third level end user support tickets (eg hardware, software, VC and executive support) across the organization. Ensure the ticket queue is managed to SLA's with appropriate levels of quality
- Coordinate tickets and work orders within the team so closure can be completed to appropriate quality levels within defined SLA's/OLA's.
- Keep coworkers informed of the status of their tickets and ensure follow-up is performed.
- Meet all productivity and quality goals as measured by the department.
- Create and maintain reports to reflect progress toward goals. Highlight problem areas and recommend remediation plans.
- Ensure all asset management guidelines and procedures are followed within the team.
- Ensure inventory is tracked and submit purchases to ensure appropriate equipment and licenses are available.
- Script and automate updates and support
- Ensure secure configurations (eg baselines) are deployed. Assist with periodic audits and enhancing security.
- 5 years' experience providing remote and in-person desktop/walk-up support in an enterprise or retail environment (5000+ clients)
- Expert level knowledge of end-user technology including: hardware, software, Windows, Apple, mobile devices, VDI, Cloud based desktops, video conferencing, collaboration technologies, etc.
- Technical Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Technical knowledge to provide top level support to end user issues (eg video conferencing, desktop (Windows/Mac), applications, collaboration solutions (eg Zoom, G-Suite)
- Scripting and automation experience (eg Powershell, VB, etc.)
- Ability to write and present information and documentation to various audiences (eg leadership, service desk personnel, fellow support staff).
- Ability to see beyond the tasks and ensure the larger organization needs are being appropriately met
- Ability to coordinate, orchestrate, and execute activities in the team
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and ability to manage multiple issues at once
- Collaborate with Helpdesk, technical peers and software application teams and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Travel to all company locations to aid with computer equipment and computer appliances set-up and troubleshooting