Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Ruskin Mill Trust
For over 30 years, Ruskin Mill Trust has provided specialist independent education to children and adults with complex needs, including learning difficulties, autistic spectrum conditions and disabilities. Inspired by Rudolf Steiner, William Morris and John Ruskin, our unique method of Practical Skills Therapeutic Education helps learners overcome barriers to learning, become skilled and contribute to the community.
Support Worker (Holistic Engagement)
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Coleg Plas Dwbl, Ruskin Mill Trust, as part of the committed team focusing on the holistic needs of the students. Although challenging, this role is rewarding. We are looking for people with great character and a desire to make a positive impact on young people's lives.Applications are invited for the above posts to work either full time or on an hourly paid arrangement working as and when required, based in Clynderwen, Pembrokeshire.
shifts involve working during the day times, evenings and weekends, including sleepovers for some position.
The students benefit from an extensive range of nutritional, therapeutic and medical support at each college that is reflected in the college sessions and in the residential provision. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting a career across care and education.
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Have a strong desire to support young people, have excellent observational skills, and the ability to problem solve and think creatively to enable our young people to reimagine their potential
- Be a patient, caring, compassionate with a young person-centred nature
- Demonstrate the ability to manage emotionally challenging situations, be a team player with experience of support work in both educational and residential settings
- Emotional intelligence and resilience with the ability to react calmly in stressful situations
- Be able to work flexible hours as this role includes working daytime, weekends, evenings and sleep over shifts on a rota basis
- A NVQ 3 in Health and Social Work would be desirable, but not essential, as Ruskin Mill Trust will financially support you to gain this qualificatio
Working at Coleg Plas Dwbl is rewarding and in return, we offer competitive salaries, with progression in pay once qualified, and a private pension scheme. In addition, staff receive:
- Staff receive a comprehensive induction, an excellent personal development plan and extensive training to include Autism, Attachment, Emotional Resilience, Holistic Support, Practical Skills Therapeutic Education (PSTE), MAPA (Physical Intervention) training
- 33-38 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with your length of service with us
The post is subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for both adults and children, medical check, evidence of qualifications, and verification of the right to work in the UK. Ruskin Mill Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
For further information and to apply, visit or contact the HR team on or by email