Site Reliability Engineer/SRE
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Ignite Digital Talent
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
6 months rolling
Fully remote working/home working (UK Based) or London
Are you an experienced Site Reliability Engineer and technical expert who loves solving complex technical problems?
An experienced Site Reliability Engineer is required to tackle a wide range of systems issues, including monitoring distributed systems in multiple geographic locations, responding to, and safeguarding the availability, reliability, and performance of the platform.
You will protect client's critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, deploy new software and hardware, provide training and coaching to support teams, and assist in the development of a wider architecture strategy. You will also be enhancing and supporting the build framework for continuous deployment and platform automation.
- Experience of AWS & GCP and or Azure would be advantageous)
- In-depth OS experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server) with strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus.
- Expertise in creating, analysing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and web services technologies such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/UDP, SOAP, JSON and REST
- Experience of modern development technologies and tools such Agile, CI/CD, Git, Terraform and Jenkins.
- Experience of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as New Relic, Elasticsearch, Grafana
- Experience working with hosting organisations.
- Good understanding of networking protocols and security best practices in cloud environment.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£70k - £110k Annual
£500 - £600 Daily
£75k - £100k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual