Construction Manager - Leixlip
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Elevate Direct
Leixlip, Kildare, Ireland
€800 - €900 Daily
As the Construction Manager you will:
Support the proposal efforts through:
- Developing winning Construction and Commissioning Strategies and EHS plans which support the overall project goals
- Providing cost estimates to the bid team, covering Site Supervision hours, Home Office hours, T&L, Utility Requirements, Site Establishment costs.
- Understanding the competitive environment in Construction services
- Working effectively with internal engineering and support groups, customers, suppliers and contractors
- Assisting the Project Controls group in developing realistic schedules for construction activities
Support the Project Efforts through:
- Providing construction input to the project throughout the engineering phase
- Developing the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy
- Taking a lead role with Project and Procurement teams to ensure the best Construction Companies are contracted for on-site work
- Developing installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements
- Preparing project specific site procedures and work practices as required
- Assisting with construction feasibility and method studies
- Supporting development of the project logistic strategy relevant to heavy and out of gauge equipment/modules
- Leading coordination of development of heavy lifting/installation studies including out of gauge equipment/modules
- Owning input to the Constuctability of a plant, including use of the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues
- Maintain the necessary training/qualification records for self and team to ensure quality assurance requirements are met
- Be responsible for the Deployment of Construction Staff on the Project through planning, recruitment and management of site construction personnel, including their training and development
- Liaise with field staff on construction engineering matters
- Providing cost forecasts to the Project team, covering Site Supervision hours, Home Office hours, T&L, Utility Requirements, Site Establishment costs.
Supporting the field commissioning activities through:
- Support field transition from construction to commissioning and ensure contractor management is being controlled during this phase
- Continue responsibility for success of sites under your control during the commissioning phase where co-ordination between Design, Construction and Operations is required.
- Support the planning of contractor activities at site particularly in the phase transition between construction and commissioning
- Support contract development which enables and encourage contractors to complete systems in accordance with the commissioning strategy
Administrative functions include:
- Management of Safety Statistics, and leading efforts for improved safety culture and performance based on these.
- Ensuring Air Products methodologies around Site Changes are followed and managed
- Taking overall responsibility for the success of construction sites under your control, defined as meeting Project requirements on Safety, Cost, Schedule and Quality. This includes carrying out audit and control checks on site, and giving site based training on critical safety aspects related to Cryogenic Air Separation to both AP and contractor staff.
- Driving consistency and improvement of work processes for the Construction team
- Supporting Site Earned Value tracking
- Degree qualified
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Construction and Construction norms in the EMEA regions, possibly including Russia, Africa, Europe
- Use of and familiarity with process and safety tools such as P&ID's and HAZOPs.
- Understanding of typical design datasheet/drawings and familiar with General design/construction standards in Mechanical/E&I field which can be related to those generated by Air Products.
- Proven Construction Safety experience and knowledge, covering key area's such as Lifting and Cranage, Working at heights and Fall Arrest, Confined Space entry, Hot Work, Oxygen cleaning and inspection, pneumatic pressure testing
- Change Management processes and implementation
- Project costing skills for evaluation and managing constructability
- Project planning skills
- Management or supervisory experience
- Construction control systems
- Demonstrable Self Starter attributes.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside of the organisation.
- An experienced leader and developer of teams, with a proven ability to lead, engage and motivate the team.
- Strong Safety background
- Ability to prioritise and manage a heavy and diverse workload
- A sound engineering background which can be used as a basis to build specific knowledge in the industrial gases market.
- A minimum of 10 years experience, split between both Project Construction and Project Management positions, and a demonstrable understanding of Construction as a discipline.
- Project skills including Budgeting, Cost Management, Schedule Management, Admin and Organisation skills, Project Planning
- Site construction experience in a site leadership role
- Familiarity with design drawings and ability to relate these to their application on site
- Construction Contracting experience/Contract Management.
- Experience of turnkey construction scope including installation of equipment and packages, interconnecting pipework and instrument/electrical cable, infrastructure/utilities scope, tie ins, pipeline networks.
- Experience in project definition stage constructability work
- Experience in Oxygen grade cleaning/inspection (or similar) and pneumatic pressure testing
If you match these requirements, please apply and Elevate will send you an email. Please open, click and complete required tasks so your application will be visible to the hiring organisation directly. Elevate is a software partner and not a recruitment agency. Please contact employers directly through your Elevate profile with any queries related to your application.