Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank offers a diverse workplace with professionals that work together to fulfil our mission in the fight to end hunger. We are seeking individuals who share and believe in our core values - compassion, collaboration, service, integrity, inclusion, and innovation.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for implementing and facilitating the accounting activities of the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank. The Accounting Specialist plays a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial functions by delivering high-quality, transaction accounting, analysis support and reporting. This position is part of a team committed to timely and complete work through excellent effort. A key role of the Accounting Specialist is recording and processing payroll and ensuring compliance with various standards. The role supports the Director of Finance. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, willing to learn, curious and effective in a team environment.
- Process payroll, pay expense reports, and review activity for completeness and accuracy.
- Process 403b withholding and contributions
- Train new employees and supervisors on payroll software
- Investigate and respond to employees and supervisors regarding PTO reconciliation and recording errors
- Process government invoicing, ensuring compliance
- Serve as back up for account payable processes, requisitions, and disbursements
- Serve as back up for account receivable posting, cash deposits and partner account relationships
- Reconcile data monthly with other in-house software systems
- Record monthly journal entries such as depreciation, accruals and prepaids
- Communicates and responds to internal and external requests for accounting information
- Assist Finance Director with annual financial audit processes
- Special projects such as fixed asset inventory and budget process
- Performs all other duties, as needed
- Education; Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- Experience; Five years of accounting work experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all duties.
- Must be able to work independently, anticipate executive needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Ability to work with ever changing priorities or situations.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, general ledger, and basic reporting
- Detail oriented, customer service focused, highly organized and results driven professional.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and web searches.
- Must have knowledge of QuickBooks or comparable financial software.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
Come join an organization that makes a difference in the lives of others! The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is proud to be a seventh time recipient of the NorthCoast99 award, which showcases our Foodbank as one of the top ninety-nine places to work in Northeast Ohio. We offer a warm and loving culture filled with opportunities to grow and develop your career, competitive benefits, and compensation, nine paid holidays and a generous paid time off program that begins on day one!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.