Ruby on Rails developer to influence a businesses direction
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Darwin Recruitment
A small, hungry, and motivated fintech business are seeking a RoR developer to join them as they embark on a transitional phase going from a consulting business, into a product driven business.
For just over 12 years they have worked closely with customers to develop hybrid models that connected both the digital and analogue business processes of numerous service providers without media discontinuity. But now they are taking their business in a new direction.
Currently having two main products which are proving successful. One being an application to automate a mortgage application. Taking into account numerous complex data to be able to offer tailormade rates etc.
The other being a tool that banking customers can use to book in an appointment. This app takes them on a journey and understands the reason of their appointment. This decides which employee is best suited to deal with their query and automatically books the appointment for both customer/employee.
Innovation is driving them. Leading them into further ground-breaking projects across several industries. Both products were easy to explain but numerous complex data and algorithms will have gone into achieving this outcome.
The team promote a great culture of all helping one another and striving towards a common goal. They had already adopted a remote way of working before COVID-19 and are well experienced and equipped at this way of work.
Now you have the chance to join a great team and influence the direction of the business. You can add you mark upon the products and really shape/mould the product to be able to benefit the end users. Adding your own digital fingerprint.
Even from day 1 you can be influencing key business decisions.
There may be other companies that are like this one, but there isn't one that would give this much from day 1.
Now is a chance for you being a RoR developer to join now and grow within the company. They are seeking someone like you to help with this transition phase, be hands on with RoR development and help the team achieve new success stories with you
Further insight into the role
- Ruby on Rails development on small to big projects
- Using your experience and voice to help shape and mould our product line
- Using your experience and voice to help influence the direction of our company
- Taking part to open-source gems
- Optionally full stack development with JS/React
You are able to bring
- Hands on experience developing with Ruby on Rails in small to big projects
- Familiar with versioning tools (Git)
- Motivated to learn new things and grow professionally
- Take pride in your work and are quality orientated
- Good command of English language
You can expect
- 5 week vacation days
- Every year we have a team holiday to Las Vegas, Florida and other destinations (COVID dependant)
- Innovative environment and projects
- Agile team structure
- Motivated and dedicated team
- Fully remote role
- Or you can enjoy a modern office within the centre of Zurich
- Free soft drinks, coffees, sweets and our own beer tap!
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.