Java IT Consultant (German Speaking)
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by GCS
Senior Integrator/IT Consultant - 100%
The client is an internationally operating Swiss IT company focused on the financial sector. They have branches in Frankfurt, Zurich, Austria, Singapore and New York, and work with clients like Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse, UBS and Allianz.
The client is the Swiss-based specialist for Customer Communications Management (CCM) in the financial services industry (FSI). As a technology innovator, they enable financial institutions to exchange relevant, timely and consistent information across all channels. The client is perfectly positioned to support FSI enterprises in the strengthening of their customer experience, increased process efficiency, and ease of use with respect to very specific use cases. The client's solutions are used by more than 100 organizations, including many of the top 20 banks across Europe, Asia and the United States.
The Senior IT Consultant will be reporting to SVP Switzerland for Professional Services. The role of Senior IT Consultant consists of supporting the delivery of technical projects end-to-end, as well as acting in an advisory capacity to ensure the successful integration and adoption of client's software. It is an integration of the technical side, working also with the customer side.
* Technical project management licence implementations at customer location
* Analysis and design in connection with service requests from customers
* Preparation of implementation including coordination between development, professional services and customers
* Execution of implementation tasks according to the role applied in different projects
Mandatory Strongly preferred
XML-processing (DOM, STAX, XPath)
Application-Server (Tomcat, XML)
Middleware-components/interfaces (JMS, etc.)
Spring, Spring boot
Analysis of existing code
Transformations (XSLT, etc.)
JAVA - Code/application analysis and debugging
Web-Services (REST, SOAP)
DB-interfaces (eg Oracle)
Interfaces to authentication-/authorization-
components (LDAP, etc.)
Advantageous to have
* Knowledge of document composition and output formats such as AFP, XEP, PDF, PDF/A, PCL and PostScript
* Knowledge of standard enterprise IT processes such as development life cycles
* Knowledge of current server hardware ranges and their application
* Design and draft technical architectures
* Very good interpersonal skills, able to motivate and convince others whilst being a team player
* Self-motivated and highly organised
* Available to travel for meetings and client support (80% in Frankfurt, 20% in Germany)
* Communicates openly and in a transparent way
* Pragmatic and solution oriented
* Fair and self-aware
* Excellent communication on all levels (subordinates, peers and superiors within the company, technical counterparts internally and at customer side)
* Well-developed sense for urgency, with a good sense for need of escalation
* Very good command of spoken and written German and English (B2+ minimum)
* At least 5 years' experience working as Software Developer, from which 1-2 years as Integrator/IT Consultant.
* Work permits supported (EU/Swiss passport, B/C Swiss permit)
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.