Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Data Engineer/Remote/3 months-12 month extension/Start ASAP
- Ensure the traceability of the data from the origins to the decisional and analytical data structures
- Setup and maintain the data infrastructure
- Work with Data Analyst to understand their need and provide solutions to solve them
- Develop comprehensive data capture, transformation and visualisation solutions
- Guarantee data infrastructure in all environments.
- Ensure that quality standards and data governance are being achieved
- Advocate for data governance strategies
- Share knowledge and provide expert advice to the client engineers as to how to best use the data platform tools as well as providing answers to their engineering needs, fostering a mixed development and operations culture
Absolute Must Have Skills & Requirements:
- A BSc degree in Computer Science (or equivalent job experience)
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience with git and bash
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark & Scala, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.)
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills; technical and business level English is a must
Desired skills & Professional experience:
- Experience with "big data" NoSQL databases design and optimisation (S3, Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience with AWS or any other cloud platform
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- SOLID, TDD
- Understanding of Software Development best practices
- Proven ability and experience developing highly structured computer programs, and interested in learning more.
- Must show initiative, proactively finding, discussing and solving product and software problems
- You love developing good quality software
- Ownership and result oriented person.
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual
- Linux, Shell Scripting
- K8s experience
- Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with modern development tools like Git, Travis, Terraform or equivalent