Data Engineer - Spark | Azure | Kubernetes | - Remote Working
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Tiro Partners
Data Engineer Required.
A Data Engineer with a proven track record defining and implementing data platforms based on Azure, Apache Spark, and Kubernetes is required by a market leading client with offices in Central Amsterdam.
It is essential the Data Engineer has extensive hands-on experience using Spark to implement HPC and data transformation solutions, alongside a deep knowledge of the Azure Cloud and a strong programming/coding background in either Python or R development.
The Data Engineer will possess a strong understanding of Azure and Spark based solutions and have demonstrable expense in both the design, and build of scalable networking, infrastructure and storage back-ends.
Please note the client is able to offer full remote working for the project.
To Summarise, the Data Engineer will have the following skills and competencies:
- Extensive experience working on Azure based infrastructure and Data Platforms
- Expert level knowledge Apache Spark with demonstrable experience in enterprise level implementations
- Strong experience using Kubernetes
- Strong programming/coding background in either Python or R development
- Ability to engage in discussions with development teams around design and implementation and to provide technical insights on hardware and network configurations for Data solutions
- Knowledge of AKS and Sparklyr is also a major plus although not essential
Working with both internal stakeholders and external vendors, the Data Platform Engineer must be comfortable taking an active role in discussions around design and implementation, so excellent communication skills are a must.
If you are available or coming to the end of a contract, fit the profile outlined above, and can start ASAP, then please contact me ASAP with your most recent CV.
- Seniority Level
- Staffing and Recruiting
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
- Information Technology