Technical Support Engineer
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Stelfox Ltd
Technical Support Engineer- Cork City
We have an exciting global security company looking to expand their technical support team. My client is a leading Cyber Security Company based in Cork looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer, it's an amazing opportunity for a suitable candidate. The successful candidate will be offered lots of progression.
- Respond daily to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Very strong technical knowledge of Windows Servers and Active Directory.
- Work in an agile environment as a core member of the development team.
- Provide customers with timely resolution of technical issues.
- Work with technical infrastructures to install/configure Exchange and Active Directory; troubleshoot Exchange Server; building out Windows Server in new environments; setting up/configuring new domains.
- Conduct remote sessions to assist customers with troubleshooting and configuration of their internal technical environment.
- Ability to communicate in a high-level technical setting with enterprise-level organizations. May be required to run/write Linux scripts; ability to set up multiple command lines.
- Responsible for communicating/explaining technical issues with well-versed technical individuals.
What you need:
1-2 years' experience as a system administrator/technical support representative; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Information Technology or equivalent from four-year college or technical school bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Computer Science is favoured but not essential
Knowledge in Microsoft environments (Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Servers), Networking (TCP/IP, routing, Firewalls); databases (MSSQL preferred); web Servers and applications; storage devices (NetApp, EMC)
Please contact Barry Twohig for a confidential chat and for immediate consideration - (see below)
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.