Cloud Data Engineer (with Scala & Spark experience)
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by Empiric Solutions
Cloud Data Engineer (AWS/Azure/GCP) with strong Scala & Spark experience
- 3 month contract initially. Renewable + 12 months
- Remote role
- English at conversational level
- Experience with bash and git
- Experience with Scala and Spark
- Ensure the traceability of the data from the origins to the decisional and analytical data structures
- Setup and maintain the data infrastructure
- Work with Data Analyst to understand their need and provide solutions to solve them
- Develop comprehensive data capture, transformation and visualization solutions
- Guarantee data infrastructure in all environments.
- Ensure that quality standards and data governance are being achieved
- Advocate for data governance strategies
- Share knowledge and provide expert advice to Adevinta engineers as to how to best use the data platform tools as well as providing answers to their engineering needs, fostering a mixed development and operations culture
Absolute Must Have Skills & Requirements
- A BSc degree in Computer Science (or equivalent job experience)
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience with git and bash
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing tools (Spark & Scala, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Luigi, etc.)
- Good written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills; technical and business level English is a must
Desired skills & Professional experience:
- Experience with "big data" NoSQL databases design and optimization (S3, Hive, Redshift, Cassandra, etc)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP or any other Cloud platform
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- SOLID, TDD
- Understanding of Software Development best practices
- Proven ability and experience developing highly structured computer programs, and interested in learning more.
- Must show initiative, proactively finding, discussing and solving product and software problems
- You love developing good quality software
- Ownership and result oriented person.
- Have a team-player spirit, which benefits the group vs the individual
- Linux, Shell Scripting
- K8s experience
- Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with modern development tools like Git, Travis, Terraform or equivalent
Empiric is one of the fastest-growing technology and transformation recruitment agency's specialising in data, digital, cloud and security. We supply technology and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals. We are committed to delivering more female candidates and those from minority backgrounds and be instrumental in changing the gender and diversity imbalance within the tech sector.