Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio in Cleveland seeks a Programmer Analyst to join its IT team in supporting the Judges, Clerk's Office and Pretrial Services/Probation Office in their administration of justice in northern Ohio. The Programmer Analyst assists judiciary staff by taking advantage of the technology available within the district to address IT issues and concerns. The incumbent meets with end users to analyze their needs, then enhances existing applications or develops new applications to provide a solution. Promotion potential without further competition.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist IT team with the development, operation and maintenance of web sites using HTML, PHP, JAVA, and PERL.
- Plan, develop, and implement software applications for the court which enhance organizational efficiency and capabilities.
- Collaborate with IT management team and end users to gather system requirements then design and implement programs.
- Provide enhancements, documentation, support, and user training for applications.
- Modify, adapt, enhance, and troubleshoot existing software, including national programs (eg court electronic filing system) and locally developed systems.
- Provide support for database structures, including Informix, SQL Server, and MySQL.
- Develop custom informational and statistical reports for multiple departments of the court.
- Ensure reliable and effective operation of systems; maintain standard operating procedures; install and test upgrades.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Must be met at the time of application):
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience that would substitute for a bachelor's degree.
- 1-2 Years of experience in the design, development, and support of application software.
- Knowledge of or experience with PHP, HTML, JAVA, ColdFusion languages and with Informix and SQL databases.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and determine automation needs including planning to implement systems to those needs.
- Ability to understand and communicate user needs effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collaboratively develop solutions and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to train non-technical personnel on technical processes.
- Strong problem solving and research skills; ability to isolate and take corrective action on software problems.
- Ability to travel within the district as required. Position may also require occasional travel outside of the district for training, meetings, or conferences.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of or experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of or experience with Visual Basic, MS Office forms/macros, and Excel pivot tables.
- Experience with Drupal, Tableau, SharePoint.
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Pre-tax benefit programs
- Health Insurance
- Vision/Dental Insurance
- Group Life insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Defined contribution retirement benefits (FERS)
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)- 401 (k)-styled program with up to 5% match
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit ONE PDF document containing the following to
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with contact information.
- Application for Federal Branch Employment found atb
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must be U. S. citizens or eligible to work without restriction in the United States.
- Completion of FBI background investigation with law enforcement agencies including fingerprint, criminal, financial and employment records check.
- Employment is considered provisional until the FBI background investigation is complete.
- Employees of the federal judiciary must adhere to all Judicial Conference regulations, follow the policies in the Guide to Judicial Policy, and are bound by the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees.
- Employees are considered at will .
- Employees are required to use direct deposit for payroll
Applicants selected for interviews must travel at their own expense and relocation expenses will not be reimbursed.
The Court reserves the right to fill more than the advertised number of positions with this announcement, may modify the conditions of this job announcement, or may withdraw the announcement, any of which may occur without prior written or other notice.
The U. S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.