Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Infrastructure Manager provides all network connectivity and support while transforming the team and technology into an industry leading Cloud first infrastructure. This leader will plan, organize and manage staff to ensure stable IT network operations for application delivery to the business. The right candidate will have a proven track record of integrating 3rd party support and services to provide great response and depth to the company's IT team. The ability to be forward thinking while still ensuring consistent support in a complex environment is key. The position will be required to manage projects and participate in project management processes including resource allocation and prioritization. The purpose of this job is to provide the professional and management capability to operate and supervise an enterprise-wide network while providing focused support at remote facilities. The position requires 25%- 50% travel at any time depending on the business needs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assuming ownership of and provides overall direction for the dedicated functions for the global network.
- Providing consistent support for plants & csc locations to ensure enterprise systems are performing at a high calibre throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the overall development of the culture and capability of their teams.
- Providing technology roadmap for key technology areas such as network (SD-WAN) & wireless while also lead forward thinking efforts within group to best support business needs.
- Providing senior technical expertise to IT and the enterprise for the processes within their domain.
- Charters, empowers and reviews the activities of process improvement teams to identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed and deployed.
- Maintaining working relationships with Senior and Executive Management personnel throughout the company.
- Monitoring and managing service contracts between the company and external partners within domain.
- Reviewing the catalog of services and coordinating with business leaders to provide adequate support.
- Reviewing the portfolio of IT support contracts, budget & billing.
The manager will also be responsible for the sharing and implementation of the best practices defined for these technologies. As such this person plays a key role in the achievement of low cost and effective IT services through the rigorous use of standards and practices.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Strong customer service skills to build relationships and trust with peers and customers.
- 3-5 years of experience in systems administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
- Solid understanding of the Cable and Wire industry, organization, geography and culture.
- Understanding troubleshooting skills with the ability to take on and resolve advance and complex support issues and projects.
- The ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects and deadlines.
- Documenting work within the ticketing system and/or project tracker.
- Ability to work well within a team environment but driven enough to work alone if needed.
- Understands the importance of keeping the plant's production up and running.
- Participates in a rotating on-call schedule for business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in technology discipline with 5 - 10 years' progressive leadership experience in IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven record in managing network in a global diverse network.
- Proven record in providing support processes in an industrial or manufacturing organization.
- Knowledge of marketplace, emerging technologies and industry players.
- Understanding of ITIL processes.
- Must be able to structure, articulate and present technology investment opportunities, technology standards and best practices.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.