DB2 LUW Database Administrator (DBA)
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a DB2 LUW Database Administrator (DBA) to be responsible for performing all aspects of Database Administration on IBM's DB2 LUW database technologies in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment.
*Candidates must reside in GA or neigboring state.*
*Will accept H1 Visa applicants*
This may include system administration, troubleshooting, analysis, testing, research, training, general problem solving, technical support and testing/deployment of new systems. Designing and implementing back-up, recovery, archiving, conversion strategies, and performance tuning. The DB2 LUW DBA is responsible to define and develop database standards, policies and procedures and optimizes database by providing solutions utilizing new database features and functionality along with varying levels of project management, as assigned.
- Partner with other Database Administrators in support of database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
- Support Application Developers in designing, implementing and testing database changes to support our business applications.
- Support Systems Administrators during patching of operating systems.
- Maintain multiple DB2 LUW environments, such as Development, QA and Production.
- Set up new databases and perform database maintenance.
- Partner with other Database Administrators during installation, configuration, software upgrade and updates to maintain client environments.
- Partner with other Database Administrators in development, setting up and managing automated backups.
- Performance tuning and database optimization.
- Set up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, patches, backup reports, status reports and performance monitoring.
- Perform appropriate Change Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
- Perform appropriate Incident/Problem Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
- Report progress on a weekly basis of status on all assigned work tasks in a written report.
- Ability to work during non-business hours including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Five years' experience as a Database Administrator.
- Five years' experience with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Three years' experience as a Database Administrator on DB2 LUW.
- Two years' experience with Red Hat's Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Experience with IBM's QMF or similar tool.
- Experience with Microsoft's Outlook, SharePoint, EXCEL and WORD.
- Experience with Unix Shell Scripts, such as ksh, csh, bash or sh.
- Experience with Scripting languages, such as Perl or Python.
- One year experience with DB2 LUW 11.1 or higher.
- One year experience with Red Hat's Enterprise Linux version 7 or higher.
- Experience with Quest's Toad for DB2 LUW.
- Experience with DBI Software's Performance Suite for DB2 LUW.
- Experience with Erwin's Data Modeler.
- Experience with programming languages, such as Cobol or Java.
- Experience with file transfer protocols, such as FTP or SFTP.
- Experience with Informatica's Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS).
- Experience with MySQL, SQL Server or Teradata.
- Experience with Local, State or Federal government.
Be innovative, energetic, energizing, flexible and eager to learn. Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work in a highly collaborative, collegial, multidisciplinary fast paced team environment. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and requests. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and meet requested deadlines promptly.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".