Azure Big Data DevOps Engineer - Python/Java/Scala
Posted on Jul 16, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Big Data DevOps Engineer - Azure/Python/Java/Scala vacancy for our Zurich based client in the financial sector.
- Extensive practice in DevOps Cloud automation, application monitoring and building CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps, Azure Monitor and Azure Log Analytics
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with JVM languages such as Java and Scala is desirable
- Sound working knowledge of Big Data Engineering frameworks such as Spark, Databricks and Delta Lake with experience in configuring clusters and optimising performance of Spark jobs
- Hands-on working experience with Git, Terraform, ARM templates, SonarQube, test automation frameworks, CI/CD pipeline tools and applying in big data as well as data engineering projects
- Knowledge of key security concepts in Azure relating to permissions, network configuration
- Ability to integrate diverse data tech stacks and understand their dependencies
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Setting up and administering Azure Cloud infrastructure for building out the data ingestion and transformation pipeline using Azure Data Factory, Databricks and Data Lake Storage Gen2
- Supporting the development team with test and deployment automation tasks
- Driving the development of an automated continuous delivery platform using Azure DevOps, including development infrastructure tooling, reducing operational tasks, automated testing capabilities, reliable release and deployment strategies for Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks
- Ensuring development and infrastructure backlogs, standards, artefacts and guidelines include DevOps principles as well as driving ideas and solutions that promote improved ways of working
- Providing end-to-end engagement from inception to production through designing, deploying, operating and continuously improving high-availability services in Azure
- Delivering high-quality solutions and deployment strategies, focusing on reliability, automation, maintainability and security
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.