Posted on Jul 15, 2021 by Adler & Allan
The Environmental Consultancy of the Adler and Allan Group is a multi-disciplinary consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The consultancy has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where the business is led and staffed by some of the most professional and experienced consultants in the UK marketplace. In response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
Due to growth in the region, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join their team in the East region/Risby in the position of Environmental Consultant.
The Environmental Consultant will support the Consultancy Division in providing customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders with commercially aware, technically proficient, and professional environmental risk reduction services.
Employed on a full-time basis there will be a need to satisfy overtime requirements and on occasion, work and stay away from home overnight.
Key tasks and responsibilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Project management with close support/training from the regional team, finance and consultancy support teams and control and take responsibility for project financials.
- Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with scope including communication with relevant parties.
- Site investigation design.
- Supervise site investigations, remediation works and verification/validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
- Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- With close support from line management, prepare reports including Preliminary Risk Assessments, Interpretive site investigation reports and Site verification/validation reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation, and customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as required by the consultancy division and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
Environmental Consultant requirements:
- Hold a degree in a relevant earth science or geo-environmental related discipline and ideally some professional qualifications while working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation.
- Knowledge of the available site investigation techniques, and experience supervising a variety of them, particularly the available drilling techniques.
- Experience of working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit.
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental guidance, regulation, and legislation.
- Proficiency in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930.
- Understanding in the development and updating of CSMs.
- Post holder will attend domestic and commercial properties to assist members of the public and as such, must provide a professional service and image of the Company at all times.
- Awareness of the available remediation techniques for soil and groundwater.
- Understanding of chemical analyses which can be performed on soil, water, and air samples.
- Identify and share opportunities for the wider A&A group.
The post holder must be able to adapt to an environment of growth and teamwork ethic is essential. Applicants should be self-motivated, adaptable and demonstrate excellent communication, organisational skills, and attention to detail.
The duties of the post will require field sampling which will involve working in all weather conditions and can be physically demanding.
As the postholder will be required to travel to any location within the Company's operational footprint, possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential as is the right to work in the UK. Due to the environments in which the postholder will operate, a CRC check will also be required.
Environmental Consultant Benefits:
- · Competitive salary
- · 25 days + 8 bank holidays
- · Mentoring and career progression opportunities
- · Pension scheme
- · Refer a friend scheme.
- · Free onsite parking
- · Full PPE provided
- · Regular opportunities for training and development
- · Regular opportunities for paid overtime to supplement salary
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£33k - £33k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£33k - £33k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual