Environmental Monitoring Technician
Posted on Jul 15, 2021 by Adler & Allan
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines, and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
The Environmental Monitoring Technician will join a dynamic, professional team in representing the Company, attending, and investigating water pollution incidents; undertake field-based monitoring and collect environmental samples for laboratory analysis across the Thames Valley and Greater London area. The postholder should be located in South East London
Employed on a full-time basis, hours of work being 45 hours per week, the postholder will also work at weekends and public holiday work on a flexible team rota pattern.
Key tasks and responsibilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Attending and investigating water pollution incidents across the Thames Valley & Greater London area
- Undertaking field monitoring works including water quality measurements and sampling.
- Technical report writing in response to water pollution incidents.
- Provision of accurate and timely information to line management.
- Supporting team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices at all levels
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified and able to carry out.
Environmental Monitoring Technician Requirements:
- Degree in a Biological or Environmental Sciences discipline
- Understanding of water chemistry and the indicative parameters
- A full clean UK driving licence.
- Experience in scientific fieldwork, and an enthusiasm for working outdoors in all weathers.
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team following precise protocols.
- Motivated, friendly, and confident interacting with clients
- Experience of aquatic macro-invertebrate sampling and aquatic macro-invertebrate identification skills to Family level would be beneficial.
- GIS skills desirable
- Understanding of the role of regulators such as the Environment Agency
- Laboratory analysis in environmental monitoring, and environmental compliance
Environmental Monitoring Technician Benefits:
- 33 days holiday including 8 for bank holidays.
- Company vehicle suitable for role
- Regular opportunities for training and development
- Company refers a friend scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Progression opportunities and clear career path
- All uniform / work wear provided.
If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience for this role please apply today!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£62 - £85 Daily
£40k - £50k Annual
£9k - £31.6k Annual