Posted on Jul 15, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
Company located in Braselton, GA is seeking a talented EDI Analyst to design and install data interchange systems. To be successful as an EDI Analyst, you should have in-depth knowledge of software programming languages, expert troubleshooting skills and experience with end-user training. An expert EDI analyst should be able to design and install a scalable, user-friendly system that perfectly meets the needs of the client.
- Analyze business systems, networking configurations and data storage facilities.
- Build customized data interchange systems for cross-company or department use.
- Created and maintain connectivity with customer EDI systems via FTP/SFTP/FTPS/PGP/AS2/API.
- Develop and implement automated archival strategies for EDI data.
- Evaluate existing EDI programming for improvement and efficiency gains.
- Works to automate document error checking and notification.
- Work with IT Operations to make sure maintenance windows do not conflict with EDI schedules and customer EDI requirements.
- Utilize software to set up and maintain document translation maps between multiple file formats (CSV, XML, X12, EDI, flat file).
- Use SQL stored procedures for moving data from the SQL database to an ERP system.
- Maintain relationships with customer EDI department and works directly with them to resolve issues.
- When ready for deployment, EDI systems are implemented without causing interruption to the business allowing for a smooth transition between platforms.
- Gather user feedback on the accuracy, efficiency and functionality of the system.
- Adjust and customize the system based on user feedback.
- Deploy completed systems and provide maintenance support.
- Train end-users on the proper use of the system.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or a similar field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as an EDI analyst.
- UX design experience is preferable.
- Knowledge of software programming and coding languages including Java, XML, CSV and SQL.
- Analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture principals.
- Ability to work with large teams.
- Experience with end-user training.