Remote Backend Scala Engineer
Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by Signify Technology
Backend Scala Engineer
- 12-month contract (Extendable)
- Fully Remote opportunity - can work from anywhere in Europe
- British & EU Candidates only
For Signify Technologies client; you will have the opportunity to design and develop elegant and performant code, predominantly in Scala and as well as getting the opportunity to take full use of current tools such as Akka, Spark, and Swagger. You will be joining a growing multidisciplinary team of Data Scientists, Engineers, and Solutions Experts with domain knowledge working to develop new capabilities and workflows to solve real-world client problems.
Your work will include developing tools to support complex analytics, simulation modeling, deep learning, and artificial intelligence within the SaaS platform. Specific development tasks will range from core service development and improvements to near Real Time and batch-oriented data processing for analytics and simulation modelling.
- Develop well-designed and performant Scala applications and services using scalable technologies like Akka and Akka HTTP for RESTful services
- Develop state-of-the-art analytics tools to support diverse tasks ranging from ad hoc analysis to production grade pipelines and workflows for customer applications
- Partner with Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers to improve performance and reliability of advanced algorithms
- Ensure high performance and availability of distributed systems and applications
- Interact directly with client project team members and operational staff to support live customer deployments
- 2+ years of development expertise
- Expert knowledge of Scala, sbt, and Maven, git
- Experience with well-known Scala libraries, including Akka, Spark, Shapeless
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Effective testing and software quality assurance experience, including performance profiling, static analysis, and dynamic analysis
- Experience with agile development within commercial projects or elite non-commercial research
- Affinity for learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Experience with containerization of complex services using Docker and Jenkins
- Experience with Scala load testing tools such as Gatling
- Experience with OpenAPI/Swagger
- Advanced mathematical modeling skills
- Previous deployments of production systems onto AWS
- Experience blending analytic and simulation modeling approaches to problem solving
- Experience with other functional programming languages - especially Erlang
- Experience with data analytics for information security, quantitative trading, or other finance applications
- Experience with full-stack tools including Scala.js, Grunt, Bower, Lift
- Familiarity with modern development tools, including Jira, Confluence, Bintray, and Slack.
A fantastic opportunity with the chance of a very quick turn around.
If you are interested or know someone who could be then please reach to me on (see below) for more information.