Functional Test Automation Engineer
Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by Accenture
Functional Test Automation Engineer- Multiple Locations
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: TBC - Depending on Experience
Career Levels: Analyst, Senior Analyst, Consultant, Associate Manager
(must be able to travel to client location in Newcastle)
Please Note: Due to the nature of client work you will be undertaking, you will need to be willing to go through a Security Clearance process as part of this role. Furthermore, due to the nature of this role, you will need to be willing and able to work from our Newcastle office 5-days per week.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too
In our team, you will learn:
Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that?thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities?that can?drive your career in new and exciting ways
As a Functional Test Automation Engineer, you will:
- Work as part of a team to design, build and execute tests to validate whether a story or feature meets agreed acceptance criteria
- Automate functional tests using tools such as Karate, Selenium, Cucumber, Rest-assured and Wiremock
- Analyse requirements and design to support the team in ensuring test coverage is sufficient to validate that the solution will meet user and business needs
- Manage raising and resolution of defects for the team utilising tools such as JIRA
- Support the team in also validating the system being delivered meets non-functional requirements where required by driving performance, security, resilience and operational testing
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Experience automating functional testing of software, writing scripts in Java, using tools such as Selenium, Cucumber, Karate, Rest-assured or Wiremock
- Experience working with users to design and conduct manual testing, developing a good understanding of the requirements, user needs and solution design in order to differentiate between defects and enhancements
- A proven track record of testing software developments in a structured environment.
- A complete understanding of the Defect Management lifecycle and knowledge of one or more defect management tools e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla or HP ALM.
- The ability to work in a changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and priorities at short notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Set yourself apart:
- Experience in designing and implementing integration, security, performance, resilience or operational testing. The ability to analyse the results and recommend how to make improvements/resolve defects
- Have experience in managing teams and/or working across multiple projects.
- Understand IBM Cloud pack for Integration, Integration patterns, Test Scripts
- Have worked with one or more of the following: API Test Tooling: Postman, API or JMeter, Contract/ Mock/Integration Testing, Swift Messaging Hub, Config/Integration testing, payload/contract testing
What's in it for you
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days of vacation per year, access to app based fitness classes and discounts on range of gyms, private medical insurance and three days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role to deliver the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services-all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 537,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.
Closing Date for Applications: 31/08/2021.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £25k Annual
£26k - £31k Annual