Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by ITech Consult
Administrative Assistant - MS Office and Google (Mail, Calendar and Google Drive), English, German
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Basel we are looking for a Administrative Assistant.
Customer believe it is urgent to deliver medical solutions now - even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about improving the lives of patients with brain diseases, and strive for ambitious ideas, innovative approaches and urgent action. Our belief is that our success as a company will come from developing therapies for patients in need, which is why we come to work every single day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Within Pharma Research and Early Development (pRED), Neuroscience & Rare Diseases represents a major focus area where we are committed to realizing our long-term vision of changing lives of patients with severe brain disorders. Our preclinical research and early clinical development activities center around large and rare indications within the four major pillars of neurodevelopmental disorders, movement disorders, dementias, and multiple sclerosis. With unparalleled strengths across diverse disciplines, client is uniquely positioned to lead in transforming science to medicines for patients with disorders of the nervous system.
Areas of responsibility:
* Update relevant people lists and databases (ie RADA, mailing lists for Research, NRD DTA people and office list)
* Interface with IT department for all system/database related requests Finance
* Be the super-user and go-to-person for lab heads/section heads in case of ARIBA questions
* Handle all administrative aspects of spend management system ARIBA (raises and updates Purchase Requisitions for departmental supplies and invoices)
* PO generation; lead and follow respective ARIBA process and invoicing with third parties (in collaboration with respective procurement or partners) Personnel
* In collaboration with the hiring manager support recruitment process for hiring new people (setting up agenda for interviews, invite interviewers, coordinate with HR)
* Coordinate and organise interview candidates together with HR Recruiting
* Administrative on-boarding/offboarding of lab personnel, scientists and lab heads in collaboration with the respective line manager (set up work space, help execute the onboarding/offboarding guidance list)
* For guests speakers: be the representative voice and face of our organisation when interacting with guest; arrange travel, accommodation and seminar in collaboration with the host
* Based on need assist in the organisation of internal meetings for teams and sections, including teleconferences and video conferences and google hangout meetings Travel
* Organisation of travels, hotel bookings, car hire, itineraries for business related activities for section heads
* Occasionally support of lab technicians with booking trips for courses and payment of courses
* Introduction and support with travel expense system CONCUR for new team members
* Be a key person of trust and confidentiality for section heads and section members
* Work with other administrative staff to ensure consistency of approach and exchange of best practices.
* Suggest new and optimized ways of administrative working and enable implementation of new approaches.
* Provide back-up support in the absence of other administrators
Professional and technical requirements:
Commercial diploma with work experience in a multicultural environment
* Minimum 5 years' work experience, preferably in a similar position within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry
* Good knowledge in MS Office and Google (Mail, Calendar and Google Drive)
* Fluent spoken and written English, German is a plus
* You bring strong organisational skills and ability to work independently as well as a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* You have the ability to prioritize and coordinate complex workloads to meet deadlines
* You are discreet, flexible, proactive and a good team player
* A can-do, positive mindset with creative ways to resolve topic
* Knowledge of the Pharma organisation, tools, IT infrastructure and databases beneficial
* Improve the way we are working in Research, optimize processes or suggest optimization where you see the need
* Always act and interact in a positive, collaborative and friendly manner, with an agile and open attitude
Reference no: 920466 AD
Role: Administrative Assistant
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.