Embedded Engineer - remote but based anywhere in Ireland ??
Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by E-Frontiers
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Engineer for my client a venture-backed animal health, IOT start-up company.
*Only applicants based and eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this position!*
About the role:
You will be leading the development of cutting-edge firmware for my client's wearable IOT animal-health products.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industrial or consumer product development
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Experience of architecture, design and implementation of Embedded systems
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces (including GPIO, SPI, I2C, USB)
- Working knowledge of communication protocols (TCP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, LORA)
- We are ideally looking for a strong firmware engineer who is comfortable with some hardware work, and with strong experience with C and C++ in particular.
Will be also a bonus if you have any:
- Experience with Arduino, Raspberry Pi and microcontrollers used for IOT edge devices
- An understanding of analytical instrumentation, sensor technology and basic signal processing techniques would be a benefit.
- Understanding of Database Operation
- Knowledge of basic Scripting languages, Shell, Bash, Python
And Your responsibilities will be:
- Design, develop and maintain the firmware for new and existing products
- Develop architectures and creative solutions to meet the application requirements
- Collaborate with other members of the team during hardware, software and UX development
- Develop tools to test and validate both hardware and software
- Create and maintain project technical documentation
What is on offer for you?
- attractive salary and shares
- possibility to be based anywhere in Ireland
Did I got your attention with this? Contact me and I will be happy to share more details about my client and the role :)