Cloud Network Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by Emponics Limited
Senior Cloud Network and Infrastructure Engineer - Client Facing Infrastructure (AWS/Azure)
Our client based in Bristol at the junction of the M5/M4 at Aztec West are a busy Global FinTech software provider to the world's top banks. They are looking for a highly skilled Cloud Network and Infrastructure Engineer to join its Managed Services Support team, working alongside our Internal System Group (Network Infrastructure team) and DevOps, to help build and support our client facing infrastructure.
Client facing skills and the AWS/Azure skills, which are the platforms their SaaS offering works on are key.
If you are looking for more remote working but happy to be in the office 3 day a week or so with 2 days from home they can do that too, though most people are work from home at the moment.
- You will be working alongside a global team of networking professionals, who are based in the UK, US, and India - You will be participating in designing, implementing, managing, and supporting their end clients cloud architecture from a networking perspective.
- To work in this team, you will ideally have a Cisco IOS/ASA networking background with knowledge of routing and Firewall Switches.
- A depth of experience working on public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS). Microsoft Azure and IBM MQ is important to the success of the applicant.
- As a Cloud Network and Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for managing, deploying, and maintaining key infrastructure projects for their customer base. You will provide expert technical assistance to other team members and colleagues, whilst delivering key projects that are aligned to strategic goals.
- You will be involved in working directly with clients to identify solutions, in addition to contributing the sales process in participating in RFP responses and technical questionnaires received from clients.
- You will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and networking principles.
- As the company is successfully growing its Managed Services and Solution Delivery business with changes to both on premise and cloud architectures, you will be someone who embraces this challenge and the ability to support and develop each.
What you will be doing
- Provide network knowledge to Managed Services and/or management team to help make decisions concerning the client network VPN to AWS environment.
- Work with Customers/Internal Technical teams to determine VPN to AWS/Azure Architectural Requirements and then produce technical documents, best practice whitelisting IP addresses.
- Create documentation as it relates to client network to AWS configuration, network mapping, processes.
- Work with Internal Systems Group (ISG) and vendors to ensure timely problem resolution.
- Work with ISG to plan and implement Managed Services network security including building/maintaining Firewalls, applying encryption, managing device security and other related items.
- Develop and maintain adequate technical documentation on configurations, installations, network diagrams, backup/recovery, standards, and other related information.
- Responsibility for client RFI/RFP's determine Architectural Requirements for the Managed Service Products (FEMS/TLM/RDU)
- Liaise and work with DevOps re integration to AWS/Azure platform
- Advise DevOps re client VPN for building and supporting cloud infrastructure in production
- Oversee aspects of our information security including intrusion detection systems and anti-malware in addition to monitoring
- Assist SaaS Operations with Linux System Administration
Negotiable start salary
Supportive holiday package - Includes 25 days annual leave rising to 28 (with length of service) Plus ability to carry over up to 10 days into the next holiday year
Company pension scheme matching up to 5% of salary - Additionally, you can choose to make your contributions via Salary Sacrifice
Group Life Assurance - Up to 9 times your annual basic salary
Group Income Protection - Up to 75% of salary
Private Medical Insurance - Which can include family cover
Free onsite parking