Information Security Engineer (REMOTE)
Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Information Security Engineer
Salary: $80k to $90k
Location: East Chicago IN 46312/Munster IN 46321
Looking for a candidate to maintain the cyber security Infrastructure including: Networking, Server, Endpoint, Mobile, Cloud, Active Directory, Firewall. Scripting in Powershell
Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the Information Security Engineer is responsible for maintaining and implementing the cyber security infrastructure and program at Community Healthcare System. The Information Security Engineer has a thorough understanding of network defense technologies, TCP/IP Networking, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, network security monitoring tools, secure engineering principles and technical security testing.
This is a hands-on role which will be involved in patching, maintaining Firewalls, scanning for vulnerabilities, keeping current on the latest security threats and trends, and reviewing technical architecture for security compliance. This individual will be regarded as an expert in all things cyber-security related.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of enterprise IT security engineering experience. CISSP preferred.
- Must possess expert understanding of Information Technology, Information Security, and Risk Management.
- Knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as ISO 17799, COBIT, and NIST CyberSecurity Framework.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CompTIA Security+, or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) certification required or must be obtained within 2 years of hire.
- Experience with ProofPoint, Cisco AMP, Forcepoint, SpecOps and other industry standard security tools.
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls and SourceFire/Cisco FTD IDS/IPS.
- Advanced knowledge of Network Security
- Advanced knowledge of Endpoint Security
- Advanced knowledge of Server hardening, patching, and baselining
- Advanced knowledge of Mobile device security
- Advanced knowledge of Data Loss Prevention
- Advanced knowledge of IDS/IPS
- Advanced knowledge of Log analysis
- Skilled Critical Thinking
- Cisco ISE or NAC experience desired
- Keeps current on emerging threats and mitigation strategies.
- Scripting (Python, Perl, Powershell) knowledge preferred.