Senior Splunk Security Analyst
Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Sr. Splunk Security Analyst. Candidate will be a member of the Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) in efforts to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information assets.
- Provide Real Time monitoring and timely response to alerts and anomalies generated by various security tools.
- Perform deep event analysis and correlation, evaluating and escalating events and incidents based on established escalation procedures.
- Identify and develop new security detection use cases, playbooks, tuning, and alerts for use within our SIEM (Splunk) and our Case Management solution (Splunk/Mission Control).
- Accurately record all cases and interactions in the incident management tracking tool within given SLAs.
- Help standardize documentation for support of assigned systems and applications and help to facilitate understanding and use within various levels of security operations.
- Partner with MSSP/external vendors providing SecOps services to enrich our Splunk environment and respond to alerts 24/7.
- Assist in security project implementation for testing, monitoring, and reporting purposes.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new or updated security solutions and assess impact of security controls to user experience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a remote/complex environment.
- Perform special assignments as required.
- 3 or more years of working in security operations role or cyber incident response role conducting in depth investigations using internal telemetry data and open-source information to determine whether or not a given system or user has been compromised is required.
- 3 or more years working with traditional security tools, not limited to, SIEM, AV, EDR, SOAR, IDS/IPS, DLP, etc.
- 7 or more years required of IT work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments is required. Hands-on working experience of most common operating systems including but not limited to Windows Server, Windows 10, Unix/Linux, Apple OSX, Android, iOS environments are required.
- 2 or more years of experience and hands-on working knowledge of Splunk is required. Splunk certifications are a plus.
- 2 or mor years of experience with cloud platform technologies (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, O365) is required.
- Experience with integration between Incident Management Systems (SOAR) and SIEM in an enterprise environment is a plus.
- Experience with the forensic and incident response process, reverse engineering malware, and Red-Teaming is a plus.
- Experience with audit support and response, and regulatory compliance SOX and PCI-DSS is a plus.
- Experience of standard business processes including Change Management, Problem Management, Work Prioritization, Quality Assurance, and Continuous Improvement best practices, etc. is a plus.
- Security certifications (SANS, ISC2, SEI, CFE) are a plus.
- Higher education (Bachelor's, Masters', etc.) are a plus.