SAP SD Functional Consultant
Posted on Jul 14, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*20% travel. We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking an SAP SD Functional Consultant. Candidate will evaluate and suggest possible solutions to business scenarios and requirements for implementation, upgrade, enhancements and migration. Expected to provide functional specifications and guide developers for development objects and assist with testing. As well as delivery, you will be expected to keep abreast of changes within this space and provide this insight to our clients in a thought-leadership role. The role involves implementation as well as support across SAP and connected systems. The candidate must be able to work independently with the user community, IT colleagues and clients to determine appropriate solutions, owning the process of delivery from evaluation and design to implementation and support tasks.
- Design scalable, performance optimal and re-usable solution to meet specific business requirements
- Be Willing to share technical knowledge and participate in knowledge-sharing sessions
- Provide knowledge transfer to Production Support team after project go-live
- Respond to issue escalations and urgency as needed
- Efficiently interact with multiple organizations to successfully implement projects in SAP space.
- Work with project management methodologies and Documentation standards as needed
- Work closely with onsite and offshore team working on Functional, ABAP, Basis and Security during design and implementation or support.
- Work with SAP through service market place in articulating product gaps & issues in SAP.
- Learn new SAP Technologies as they are implemented.
- Develop new programs for Project team and work on SAP Initiatives.
- Set up organization structure, master data and configure processes in SAP
- Identify and suggest standard SAP Process functionality to meet business needs
- Design custom development functionality or interface when needed
- Develop functional specifications, testing requirements and create test data
- Work with and support developers through the development cycle
- Actively participate in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting of issues
- At least 10 years of strong consulting background in providing both delivery and advisory services in a senior role
- Know why and how to set up and configure SD organization structure - sales organization, distribution channel, division, plant, sales office
- Deep Knowledge of SD related master data Business Partner (Customer) & Material Master, Sales Processes, Pricing, Pricing conditions, Outbound Deliveries, Shipping, Billing types and functions, determination rules
- Process Knowledge of Standard Order-to-Cash Processes for different types of sales orders, Make to stock, Make to Order with their basic functions such as Availability Check, Batch Management, Serial Number Management, Condition Contracts.
- Solution expertise in the areas of SAP S/4HANA Order to Cash (Cloud or On-Premises)
- Proven experience of handling integrations with other modules (MM, CS, FICO, PP, PM) and applications.
- Experience with different project management methodologies and Documentation standards
- Experience working with onsite and offshore team ( Functional, ABAP, Basis and Security) during project implementation and support.
- Experience with data migration from Legacy systems
- Experience with data migration between SAP versions
- Experience working on SAP system upgrades
- S4HANA SD certification
- Experience with commonly used SAP SD interfaces
- Experience with typical methodologies used with SAP implementations
- Experience with Project Management tools (state which ones)
- Experience with other systems: CRM (Salesforce etc), Tax, Pricing
- Experience with eCommerce interfaces
- Experience with Testing tools
- Experience with training tools