Posted on Jul 13, 2021 by TSSI Ltd
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF HAVE YOU FIBRE EXPERIENCE MY CLIENT AT THIS STAGE DOES NOT HAVE TIME TO TRAIN ENGINEERS WITH NO EXPERIENCE
We are looking for permanent Fibre Engineers to support the implementation of one of my clients new projects, mainly using the Openreach OH/UG infrastructure, to be based in the West Midlands region.
If you are an experienced fibre (FTTP), telecoms-focused network engineer who would like to join our motivated and enthusiastic teams delivering high standards of connectivity through a mixture of technologies to our rural communities then this is the job for you!
We are looking for engineers typically that thrive on solving problems under time pressure, have networking skills, and high levels of commitment and customer focus to deliver solutions that work. They are also able to motivate themselves to meet tight deadlines, always ensuring work is completed to a high standard whilst health and safety standards are met.
With my client you will be supported and have a chance to progress your career as they can provide specific training to ensure you keep up-to-date with relevant technology.
Additional benefits will be discussed in interview stage.
- Fusion splicing
- OTDR use
- Installation of Customer Termination Point
- Be able to build & deliver successful first-time fibre infrastructure to current PIA standards
- Testing & commissioning of Fibre Network Infrastructures
- Troubleshooting individual and wider network issues
- Liaising with both colleagues and customers; keeping in regular contact with office staff
- Being punctual and conducting all work to high standards of neatness
- Ensure the appropriate H&S is adhered to
- Correct use of safety equipment and procedures
You will have:
- Experience and certifications in the installation and maintenance of fibre optic networks, Fusion Splicing, OTDR testing, particularly PIA qualifications.
- Lots of motivation when lone working but also be a great team player
- Ability to analyse and solve problems whilst under pressure
- Comfortable working at heights
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
- A genuine interest in the IT sector with the ability to suggest and implement new technologies as they emerge
- Able to manage your own workload and hit the ground running