Data Architect - Azure Data Lake, Data Factory and DataBricks
Posted on Jul 13, 2021 by William Alexander Recruitment Ltd
Data Architect - Azure Data Lake, Factory and Bricks
My client is one of the most innovative and modern thinking London Market insurers who are pushing the boundaries in the Data space. You'll be working in a truly agile environment as part of a small but high quality Data Architecture function responsible for the owning the data strategy design & implementation.
This is a key technical, analytical and design role working with the very latest technology stack and I need someone with capability across some if not all of the following;
- Hands-on experience with Azure Data Lake (incl. Gen II, Blob Storage) Azure Data Factory and Databricks
- Experience of SQL/Azure SQL data warehousing
- Experience of data engineering activities such as release management, environment controls, Azure DevOps, PowerShell, CICD pipeline orchestration
- Experience with Databricks/Pyspark
- Microsoft BI software development including database/reporting development, full development cycle
- Develop BI/MI solutions in line with agreed toolsets.
- Capable of working closely with the business and delivering complex requirements to tight timescales.
- Interest in latest data engineering technologies, best practices, techniques and trends in the data industry
- MDX or DAX would be a nice to have
- Azure Monitor/Logging experience
A full job spec is available on application but if you like the idea of working in a business sector that is underpinned by Data and is rapidly being disrupted by technology then please drop me a line for details. The culture is creative, challenging, relaxed dress code and they encouraged flexible working pre-pandemic. whilst Specialty Insurance is the core business the way Insurers invest in technology has fast become one of the most critical success factors - be a part of it, it's not the stuffy & old fashioned business sector you may think it is!