Internal Communications Manager
Posted on Jul 13, 2021 by CV-Library
Diamond Search Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client in recruiting for an Internal Communications Manager. Our client are continuing an exciting journey of growth and this is a newly created position, to really focus on driving strong internal engagement. Our client are at an exciting point within their business, with projects around brand and EVP (Employee Value Proposition).
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this role requires someone who likes the challenge of taking bold ideas and putting them into practice, while also ensuring that those ideas are strategic, integrated into the overall mission/purpose of the firm, and are in keeping with the brand guidelines. As our client's growth journey continues, it is vital to ensure employees are kept engaged, informed and inspired. Our client want their team to look forward to each and every piece of content they receive – and the task of the Internal Communications Manager will be to help achieve this.
This role offers attractive remuneration of up to £50K plus 25 days holiday (plus BH). After a qualifying period, you will also be entitled to a contributory pension scheme; free permanent health insurance; and free life cover. This is a full-time role working 36.25 hours per week, with potential for some WFH.
As the Internal Communications Manager, you will play a critical role in both developing and executing internal communications strategies and materials. You will work closely with the Chief People Officer, People team and Marketing team and internal stakeholders to directly manage the regular cadence of news and updates for employees.
What You'll Be Doing
• Take ownership of the Intranet to design a platform that is the go-to destination for internal information and improve the user experience and usage
• Establishing the internal voice and building the internal firm narrative in a way that unites employees, strengthens the internal culture, and instils trust between employees and the firm
• Partnering with internal stakeholders and leaders to create and communicate timely, precise, and engaging content for internal audiences, including emails, web content, newsletters, videos, live events, video conferences, decks and more
• Working closely with the People team to drive people initiatives throughout the firm, including on-boarding, training, values reinforcement, reward and recognition and D&I programs
• Planning, managing and leading internal communications tactics on an as-needed basis, such as all hands meetings, employee events, employee forums, employee recognition programs, employee summits and conferences, guest speakers, etc
• Reinforcing firm mission, purpose, strategy, values, and initiatives, to guide and influence employee awareness and strengthen employee understanding and engagement
• Develop and roll-out a program to track results and measure success within internal comms.
Who You Are
• Bold, Smart, Flexible, Passionate, Self-motivated, Inspiring, Empathetic and Creative
Your Background And Skills
• 7+ years of communications, writing, and/or HR experience in a fast-paced environment • Excellent judgement and people skills, and the ability to anticipate and pre-empt problems before they occur • The ability to write, edit, and publish content quickly for a variety of internal audiences • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and polished presentation abilities • Experience managing and producing internal events • Experience working with leaders and building consensus among multiple internal stakeholders • Brilliant short and long form writing and storytelling skills, with an ability to generate and execute "breakout" ideas • Ability to capture the authentic voice of leadership in written communications and help shape the internal communications narrative effectively via presentations, scripts, or emails • Can quickly grasp information across a variety of disciplines and subsequently develop clear communications with minimal guidance • Confidence and ability to effectively lead, manage, and execute multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-oriented environment.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Diamond Search Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency regarding this vacancy
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£300 - £350 Daily
£31.2k - £31.2k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£44.1k - £44.1k Annual