Principal Data Engineer (100,000 - 150,000 € + visa)
Posted on Jul 13, 2021 by Robert Walters
Two exciting opportunities have come up at a client of ours, an industry leading Food Startup that recently went through a successful IPO. This is a great opportunity to have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe in growth phase. These positions are to be based in Sweden however there are also possibilities to relocate to their other European offices in the future!
The Lead Data Engineer position will entail collaborating to build a robust and highly performing data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will be charged to develop distributed services that process data in batch & Real Time, with a focus on scalability, data quality, and the business's requirements. Notably you will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems & in building a self-serve data platform.
- Build tools and services for other engineers, data scientists and data analysts
- Build reusable technology that enables teams to ingest, store, transform, and serve their own data products
- You will collaborate closely with domain data teams, supporting them in adopting the company's services and tools
- You will constantly seek to improve the engineering experience of the company's users
- Advocate for data quality, data governance and data product thinking
- Around 6-10 years of experience in Software Engineering preferable
- Extensive experience having worked with Kafka & the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark)
- Experience with cloud based services (AWS S3, EMR, Glue)
- Experience with data modelling and data warehousing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and maintain complex data services
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking, and quick iterations
Overall package will include a very competitive salary, relocation cost (if required), a range of support & learning & development budget and tools, and most importantly the chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe in growth phase!