Test Automation Engineer
Posted on Jul 13, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Test Automation Engineer
Within the DevOps Engineer job family you are the Test Specialist in the team, with Dutch speaking fluency.
- You independently test whether the delivered software meets all requirements and specifications and you know which test cases you need to be able to test this.
- You also independently determine when the results of calculations are correct.
- In addition, you ensure that the delivered products meet the quality requirements and you make the right balance between quality, time and costs.
- Of course you do this in the most effective and efficient way possible. You independently perform all tasks related to the testing of user stories, including the relationships between components and process steps and including the coordination of tests performed by third parties (such as Production Acceptance Testing).
- You are in charge of the preparation and execution of the tests and you automate the regression tests at team level.
- You also guide team members in performing test-related activities and you help the Product Owner to define and concretize acceptance criteria.
In addition, you think in terms of product risks and translate these into efficient and effective QA measures, such as tests. You consider quality to be of paramount importance and you are also working on improving product quality and optimizing implementation processes, among other things. You know the importance of compliance and act accordingly.
You are part of the Change organization. Multiple teams are part of a value stream that focuses on customer missions. In your agile or devops team you work together with analysts, developers and testers to contribute to this. Your future team consists of approximately 7 people.
- At least a completed relevant HBO/WO education, preferably in the direction of IT;
- At least 3 years of experience in preparing and performing tests in at least 2 to 3 different systems;
- At least 1 year of experience with fully independent performing tests and product risk analysis on 'user story' and masters at least 3 test specification techniques (such as Decision Table Test, Data Combination Test, Elementary Comparison Test, etc.);
- Knowledge of and experience with tooling in the field of testing and QA;
- Basic knowledge of performing non-functional tests (Performance testing, Security testing, Stability testing);
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure and software development languages and able to read software code;
- You are strong in problem analysis, you work customer- and quality-oriented and as a person you are focused on collaboration;