WebOps Engineer (AWS) - NHS - Manchester/Remote
Posted on Jul 13, 2021 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
WebOps Engineer (AWS)
£500pd | 6 months initial | Manchester/Remote | Inside IR35
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented WebOps Engineer to provide infrastructure and operational support for new and existing digital services within a key NHS organisation.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build and configure new secure server platforms (mainly in AWS) and the automated tooling to do so.
- Assist with the migration of some internal services to AWS.
- Maintain existing infrastructure and suggest improvements.
- Provide technical support to the product development team.
- Have a good knowledge of modern web protocols and security standards.
- Contribute to the WebOps community of practise by sharing knowledge and skills.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience of configuring and migrating services into Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Recent NHS/private healthcare experience
- Extensive experience of managing AWS infrastructure and resources
- Experience of using configuration management tools
- Experience of debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability environment
- Experience of administering common databases like MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, RavenDB
- Experience of the operational management of Window Servers, delivering a complex web application stack
- An understanding of application deployment strategies, continuous integration and version control
- Experience of the operational management of Linux Servers, delivering a complex web application stack.
- Knowledge of container orchestration systems and minimalist operating systems.
- Knowledge of monitoring and logging solutions.
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, etc
- Effective communicator at all levels of an organisation using a variety of media
- AWS Solutions Architect certification
This is an urgent requirement and our client is looking to move quickly for the right Web Ops Engineer.
Please note: all applicants must be available to interview on Tuesday 27th July and start on Monday 2nd August. We are unable to consider any applications which are submitted after 4pm on Thursday 15th July.