Microsoft IIS Cloud Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Microsoft IIS Cloud Engineer. Candidate will act as a SME for IIS system administration and support for the E-commerce web, cloud, and Intranet applications.
- Manage web services, 3rd party SSL certificates and general server configurations, including installing patches and web server security.
- Provide long-term performance improvements and capacity planning recommendations.
- Perform in-depth technical root cause analysis for high priority issues within IIS.
- Provide tuning recommendations to resolve complex performance issues (response time, throughput, etc.).
- Provide input and insight to the architecture and build process for setting up and configuring web services.
- Plan and implement upgrades and migration strategies for IIS.
- Assist in performing periodic recovery testing of DR plans.
- Set standards for the configurations of new applications.
- Assist with automating and improving the application release process.
- Assist in continuous integration and deployment pipeline setup and configuration.
- Mentor other team members on IIS configuration and architecture best practices.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and application development teams to ensure optimal performance for IIS related websites.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years experience in IIS administration, installation and configuration.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with general Windows Server administration tasks.
- Experience with IIS log analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting tools like Dynatrace, IIS Tracer, Debug Diagnostics and Log Parser.
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, load balancers, general networking and Firewall concepts.
- Experience designing and architecting web Servers, which includes clustering and/or load balancing technologies.
- Experience with website performance tuning, monitoring and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of Cloud/DevOps principles and practices.