Cloud DevOps Technical Lead
Posted on Jul 12, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Cloud DevOps Technical Lead. This is an infrastructure positions and they will integrate the applications into the cloud. They will support and troubleshoot the cloud platform. They need experience with AWS, EC2, EKS, EMR, ECS and heavy experience with DevOps, CICD, Python Scripting.
- We build data platforms and capabilities that enable data analytics, reporting, model developments and machine learning
- We manage and enhance Big Data and Data Warehouse platforms, collaborate with teams and leadership within IT and with business partners to advance our technical capabilities and provide data solutions that drive business results
- We create Proof of Concepts (POCs) to illustrate how cutting-edge technologies can be incorporated and enhance Company's technology offerings
- You will provide leadership on enterprise projects and initiatives related to automation and work across team lines on design, solutioning and implementation.
- You will automate solutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of your ingenuity and creativity.
- Lead technical discussions and influence number of multi-functional teams to accomplish work.
- Act as an agent for change regarding the new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve important issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Partner with business and technology partners to develop intuitive and useful features using an Agile approach
- Mentor junior members in the operations team and engineering teams.
- Facilitate strategy meetings with a customer team to elicit requirements and define MVP
- 8+ years of Cloud DevOps experience working with one or more of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services: EC2, EKS, EMR, ECS, S3, SNS, SQS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Lambda
- 4+ years of experience with Cloud based Data Warehouse platforms eg Snowflake and
- Dremio in financial services domain.
- 4+ years of experience using Java, Python and configuration management tools such as
- Proficient with CI/CD process, Agile and DevOps Software Development Life Cycle including analysis, high level design, coding, testing, and implementation, performance tuning, bug fixing and quality control.
- Experience of addressing compliance and governance requirements of a complex organization.
- Streaming experience with Kafka is a plus, but not required.
- Basic familiarity with one or more ELT/ETL tools such as Informatica or Talend.
- Ideal Certifications - AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Familiarity with Secondary Mortgage Market and/or Company business and operations also a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience