Head of Enterprise Architecture - Banking
Posted on Jul 10, 2021 by Salt
Head of Enterprise Architecture Operations - Banking Client - Brussels
Rate: €900 - €1200 per day - Dependent on experience
Duration: 6 months + remote working
- We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team as Head of Enterprise Architecture Operations. You will report in to Chief Architect of EA and will be responsible to insure the operational efficiency of the EA organization.
- You will work with EA management team and other architects to insure that the EA practice is consistent across Euroclear as well as operationally compliant to current guidelines and policies.
- You will work closely with the Chief Architect to define and develop the continuous improvement of the EA function and architecture practices
- The responsibilities of the include managing the day-to-day operational activities, providing guidance on architecture policies and processes, overseeing Enterprise Architecture staff, and collaborating with other department leaders to develop architecture activities.
- To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Ultimately, you should be well organized and able to work under pressure.
- Collaborating with other department leaders to define, develop and prioritize architecture improvements of the EA practice and rollout improvements
- Improving EA governance and practices and work with EA MT to plan architecture activities, including setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, assigning team members and report progress
- You will support the EA MT in managing the EA backlog and support the allocation of resources to meet our objectives
- You will support and coordinate several important governance bodies such as the Architecture Board, EA MT team and as well workshops with senior IT leadership on diverse architecture topics
- Overseeing the development of the architecture practice and ensuring that team members are applying architecture principles and confirming the company's standards. This includes insuring that teams meet their IT control objectives and insure the EA organization is compliant
- Lead the EA contribution and collaborate on content for transversal IT transformation topics that impact the architecture function, process and governances
- Managing the day-to-day operational activities as well as budgeting EA organization
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or in IT
- Knowledge and/or practiced as an Enterprise Architect and or Project Leader is advantageous.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in managing the daily operations of an organization.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at different levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- Conceptual thinking and ability to translate concepts in concrete outcomes as well as the ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- Experience in business processes design is a plus
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French or Dutch is a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing work environments
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to (see below)