Posted on Jul 9, 2021 by Jumar Solutions Ltd
If you're looking to take your skills and expertise to the next level, this could be just the opportunity you're looking for...
Mid to Senior level Systems Developer's/Engineer's required for these superb full time roles, working within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to support, maintain and make incremental necessary changes to existing applications/systems.
Candidate's can be based UK wide - these positions can be home based with travel to offices (offices in West Yorkshire, Kent and Reading).
They support flexible working and have lots of options on offer, including flexi-time, working from home, condensed hours and a four day working week!
- For senior roles - assist with mentoring and training apprentices trainee engineers in your Squad
- Develop and manage technical documentation to agreed standards, engaging constructively in code reviews with understanding of code quality
- Take ownership to overcome technical problems and live incidents, adhering to change control procedures
- Supports the relevant scrum events; sprint planning/user story estimation, daily stand ups, sprint reviews/demos and retrospectives
- Identify and address technical debt
- Ensure test driven development (TDD), and behaviour driven development (BDD), principles are followed wherever possible
- Technical Lead/Team Lead experience ideal for senior role
- API, Adabas Natural, and Sharepoint, Pitney Bowes Dialogue, Engage One, HQ
- Ability to translate business requirements into code/configuration of systems
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Understanding of design patterns
- Good level of OOP understanding and able to apply SOLID/DRY/Gang of Four principles, where relevant
- Understand dependency injection/dependency graph, where relevant
- Ability to develop unit and integration tests, or follow this approach with any configuration activities
- Ability to write code which caters to browser/device/responsive design, where relevant
- Understanding of databases and data-driven design
- Able to apply CQRS to code, where relevant
- Ability to document code/configuration
- Understanding of authentication
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology/methodologies
Packager on offer:
- Competitive salary wiith annual bonus scheme
- Condensed hours, flexible hours, Work from Home opportunity
- 25 days annual leave
- 4 times salary Group Life Assurance
- 7.5% minimum employer pension contribution to maximum of 9% (employee required to contribute minimum 1.5%)
- 1 x eye care voucher per year
- 1 x flu vaccination per year
- Access to discounted retail vouchers and gym memberships
If you are interested in being considered, please submit your application ASAP to Jackie Dean at Jumar for an immediate response and informal discussion.