Posted on Jul 8, 2021 by Actica Consulting
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 + Biannual Bonus
Holiday: 25 days + Public Holidays
Location: Guildford base office with remote working possible (Likely during lockdown)
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your technical skills within our IT team. You will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading a range of technologies essential to the running of the company. This will include maintaining services and responding to support requests, as well as the development of new systems and services.
You will have the opportunity to explore new technologies in a development environment and integrate them into existing systems.
You will be supported in your role and ongoing development by technical consultants with many years' experience of delivering complex highly secure systems for government.
We provide relevant training, including online, classroom and in-house course provision, leading to nationally recognised qualifications.
You will also have the opportunity to build a career in consulting, specialising in the application of a broad range of methodologies and technical specialisations to a wide range of business problems.
As a consultant you could provide consultancy to public sector and defence organisations using your technical expertise to help them get maximum benefit from their ICT investments and business change requirements.
A career mentor will be on hand to provide support and guidance throughout your journey with Actica. You will also work with a performance and development manager who will conduct six monthly reviews to set career objectives and identify training courses which are both relevant to your current project work, and aligned with your planned career progression.
As part of the Actica IT team you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of company information systems;
- Acting as 1st Line Support and escalate support requests as required;
- Liaising with IT suppliers when on site undertaking work;
- Attending relevant IT meetings and providing updates;
- Carrying out monitoring of systems to ensure system health and security;
- Maintenance of Firewall and gateway security policies;
- Responding to security alerts and liaising with System Security Officer on any incidents;
- Carrying out development work of new Information Services: build, test and roll-out to live.
Qualifications and Experience
You will ideally have Computer Science or IT based academics and experience of system administration within a Microsoft environment. You will be proactive, self-motivated, and be able to keep up with the rapid pace of ICT. You will be expected to identify areas for expansion of the current IT services to provide additional benefits to the company.
- Proficient in Active Directory;
- Managing Virtualised Infrastructure;
- Securing Information Systems;
- Experience of following IT Security Policy;
- Principles of Networking (DNS/DHCP/Layer 3 Firewalls/Routing);
- Ability to learn and test new technologies and integrate with existing systems.
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019;
- Microsoft Exchange 2013;
- Linux management (Ubuntu 16.04 and 20.04);
- Scripting of tasks through Windows Powershell;
- Cisco firewall management (ASDM or CLI);
- VPN configuration and management;
- Microsoft Group Policy;
- Endpoint Management Technologies;
- Security Incident handling.
The nature of the Actica's business means that a wide and varied background is preferable and the capability to adapt quickly to change is always required.
You may not feel that your skills precisely match the requirements of this job specification; however, we encourage you to apply if this is a role that appeals to you. We require individuals with a broad skillset, so there may be other aspects of your experience which are equally important to us, but that are perhaps not listed in the role specification above.
Actica aims to nurture a diverse workforce through inclusive working practices, promoting equality in our recruitment activities, and by employing candidates on the basis of merit. Discrimination against individuals on the grounds of protected characteristics is not permitted and we take steps to ensure that our staff are made aware of their legal responsibilities when making hiring decisions.
We are keen to improve diversity within our organisation and the industries in which we work, and hope to employ individuals who share that view.
Candidates must be eligible and willing to gain UK Security Clearance to apply for this position.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£24k - £35k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£24k - £35k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual