Business Analyst / Scrum Master
Posted on Jul 7, 2021 by Heni Publishing
Business Analyst / Scrum Master
We are building out our in-house Development team - this is the chance to be a vital part of a small, growing function where capable individuals will be able to pioneer and develop a series of exciting greenfield projects, utilising the best of what technology can offer today.
Our growing technical team contains a set of very capable Engineers, Data Scientists, DevOps and supporting staff. We constantly tackle new and challenging problems - some of these solutions have involved developing our own in-house tools using machine learning, artificial intelligence, and augmented reality. Utilising modern cloud infrastructure and coding practices, we pride ourselves in exceeding the expectations of internal and external stakeholders. Using the very best tools, frameworks and programming standards, including TDD, BDD and Acceptance Criteria Testing, we aim to create a technical team that leads by example and excels in clean, readable and modular code.
We are looking to recruit a permanent Business Analyst / Scrum Master who will act as a fundamental central liaison, helping to strive to use best-practice and maintain our high standards as we expand the team. This person will investigate and analyse business situations, offer suggestions to improve processes, and collaborate closely with our team of developers and engineers.
This would suit someone who is strong technically, passionate, able to think outside the box, and a can-do attitude to get things done. You will lead by example and act as a constant source of information for the team, driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Working closely with the Technical Lead and team of developers to ensure successful delivery of products and projects
- Demonstrating Agile values and principles while acting as Scrum/Agile coach and managing several cross-functional scrum teams
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders, document analysis, defect analysis
- Documentation of both functional and non-functional requirements using agile methodologies (User stories and Gherkin acceptance criteria)
- Lifecycle management (including requirement updates, changes and traceability)
- Impact assessment and feasibility studies for technical product innovation and enhancements
- Ensuring the teams understand the processes in order to achieve reliable and successful delivery of products
- Guiding the Scrum Team on increasing productivity and how to benefit from self-organising, focusing on the bigger picture and team results over individual results
- Imparting confidence in the teams' capability to achieve success and addressing any barriers within the team, to motivate them towards maximum performance
- Scoping, prioritising and planning stories and features
- Project Scope documentation and Product Backlog prioritisation
- Facilitating backlog grooming, daily stand ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives
- Synchronising work and promoting transparent communication
- Stakeholder management and communication - including internal customers up to senior management, external customers, and sprint teams (Product Owners, QA, DevOps, IT Support, Infrastructure and Development teams, and facilitating 3 Amigos sessions)
- Generating data to help track and report on team velocity, sprint/release progress, and cycle time
- Identifying and resolving lead issues and risks as early as possible
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong academics (at least 2:1) in a computational degree would be highly desirable - such as: computer science, engineering, mathematics or computational physics
- Any formal qualifications in Business Analysis, as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM) or similar Agile practitioner certification would be ideal.
- At least 3 years' experience as a Business Analyst and/or Scrum Master, ideally working for smaller organisations or entrepreneurs where you are familiar with fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Must have the ability to communicate concisely and get ideas across succinctly
- Key skills such as stakeholder analysis and management, requirements engineering, business process modelling, managing business change, systems modelling and wire-framing, recording requirements using user stories and Gherkin acceptance criteria, facilitating workshops
- Extensive knowledge of implementing Agile techniques (User Stories, Test Driven Development etc.) and Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean
- Experience using Agile tools, such as Jira and Confluence, to inform and provide feedback
- Ability to establish credibility and to be pragmatic with technology decisions
- Commercially minded, mature and professional