Senior End User Support Technician
Posted on Jul 7, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. End User Support Technician. Candidate provides hands-on floor support for incidents and work orders that are escalated from the Service Desk across the organization. The Sr. Support Technician coordinates, orchestrates, and helps to execute support activities within the end user team.
- Coordinate second and third level end user support tickets (eg hardware, software, VC and executive support) across the organization. Ensure the ticket queue is managed to SLA's with appropriate levels of quality
- Coordinate tickets and work orders within the team so closure can be completed to appropriate quality levels within defined SLA's/OLA's.
- Keep coworkers informed of the status of their tickets and ensure follow-up is performed.
- Meet all productivity and quality goals as measured by the department.
- Create and maintain reports to reflect progress toward goals. Highlight problem areas and recommend remediation plans.
- Ensure all asset management guidelines and procedures are followed within the team.
- Ensure inventory is tracked and submit purchases to ensure appropriate equipment and licenses are available.
- Script and automate updates and support
- Ensure secure configurations (eg baselines) are deployed. Assist with periodic audits and enhancing security.
- Create and submit knowledge base documentation. Act as a support mentor within the team. Ensure new associates are on-boarded appropriately.
- Coordinate and perform the install, configuration and support all computer equipment and computer appliances in area of expertise at all locations.
- Validate end user functionality of workstations and ensure software applications are provisioned according to business requirements.
- Engage third party support as needed and escalate critical issues appropriately.
- Drive third party vendor conversations to ensure accountability.
- Participate in company audits, both internal and external.
- Lead routine hardware/software deployments.
- Coordinate and execute the build and manage hardware images across all desktop platforms.
- Create and recommend ways to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and drive automation.
- 5 years' experience providing remote and in-person desktop/walk-up support in an enterprise or retail environment (5000+ clients)
- Expert level knowledge of end-user technology including: hardware, software, Windows, Apple, mobile devices, VDI, Cloud based desktops, video conferencing, collaboration technologies, etc.
- Technical Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Technical knowledge to provide top level support to end user issues (eg video conferencing, desktop (Windows/Mac), applications, collaboration solutions (eg Zoom, G-Suite)
- Scripting and automation experience (eg Powershell, VB, etc.)
- Ability to write and present information and documentation to various audiences (eg leadership, service desk personnel, fellow support staff).
- Ability to see beyond the tasks and ensure the larger organization needs are being appropriately met
- Ability to coordinate, orchestrate, and execute activities in the team
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and ability to manage multiple issues at once
- Collaborate with Helpdesk, technical peers and software application teams and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Travel to all company locations to aid with computer equipment and computer appliances set-up and troubleshooting