IT NOC Supervisor
Posted on Jul 7, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
IT NOC Supervisor
Salary: $61k to $96k
Location: Northbrook IL 60062
Looking for a candidate to oversee the service desk support level 1 and 2, NOC networking. You will do patching, resolve technical issues, technology operations, strong ITIL. This position is to set up a NOC and service operations area service desk on all technical issues alerts alarms in the corporate offices and stores
Note: This role will work a hybrid schedule, including a blend from work from home and work at the office.
The Technology Service and Operations Desk acts as the first point of contact for all technology operations across the organization. This team provides initial levels of technical support for associates and systems with an aim to own and resolve issues with minimal touch time and minimal downtime. The supervisor ensures that operations are conducted appropriately on a day to day basis.
- Create, communicate and recommend changes to the Service Desk staffing schedules.
- Monitor the service desk and operations queues and monitoring systems to ensure adequate coverage and appropriate response.
- Observe and coach associates to ensure quality support is provided. Provide reviews and action formal performance management steps where appropriate.
- Act as the first point of contact for management escalation for incidents and work orders.
- Identify skill gaps and provide management reports that identify training opportunities.
- Review daily, weekly, and monthly reports for level 1-3 support teams and ensure that all service level initiatives are being met.
- Managed internal and self-service knowledgebase(s) and ensure data is up to date and accurate.
- Act as incident management process owner and drive ITIL process discipline across the organization.
- Work with manager, partner teams, and tools and automation engineer to identify opportunity areas and ensure follow up/improvements are driven to closure. Own the creation and upkeep of a problem management process
- Ensure incidents are escalated to technical owners and leadership for visibility. Ensure these are driven to closure in appropriate timeframes.
- Gather information for key business stakeholders on a regular basis to provide incident reporting, trend analysis, and continuous improvement activities.
- Provide backup support for other leaders or personal across the team.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience managing a Service Desk or NOC team in a medium to large size business (retail experience a plus)
- Strong experience with ITIL or formal operations management practices
- Strong familiarity with key ITIL disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change) and service management platforms (eg Remedy, ServiceNow)
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including leadership
- Experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity