Regulatory Consultant - Biocides / Plant Protection Products
Posted on Jul 7, 2021 by Yordas Group
Not Specified, Germany
Job title: Regulatory Consultant - Biocides/Plant Protection Products
Grade: Dependent on experience
Location: Lancaster, UK / Forchheim, Germany / Hamilton, Canada / Remote Working
Salary range: Dependent on experience, full time position
Owing to the continued expansion of the business and greater demands for services, Yordas Group are looking to recruit a Regulatory Consultant to support our expanding business on Biocides and Plant Protection products. The successful candidate will provide expert advice on Biocide and Plant protection product regulations, and collaborate with partners, to support companies to comply with regulatory requirements. The role involves extensive interaction with human health experts, ecotoxicologists and chemists, as well as to support the growth and expansion of Yordas services on Biocides and Plant Protection Regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
The candidates would be responsible for:
• Coordination and management of applications according to the Plant Protection Products (PPPs) Regulation EC 1107/2009 and The Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR, Regulation (EU) 528/2012) and equitable international regulations.
• Providing authorisation strategies and regulatory advice for clients (including development of testing programmes)
• Supporting the preparation of active substance and product dossiers with subject experts
• Reviewing hazard, exposure and risk assessment, and/or efficacy assessments/reports
• Regular communications with clients, contract research organizations and authorities
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the current and future regulatory requirements, attending conferences to keeping up to date with developments in the appropriate laws and guidance documents.
Profile and Qualifications
• Must have MSc or PhD in Biology, Health or agricultural science or significant experience in the assessment of toxicology hazard risk assessment of chemicals (essential)
• Prior experience of, or evidence of a strong interest in, biocidal and/or plant protection product regulatory affairs and stewardship (essential)
• Knowledge and understanding of regulatory affairs, with demonstrable experience as a regulatory specialist in industry or consultancy for at least 2-3 years (essential)
• Working knowledge on PPP and BPR (essential)
• Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences (essential)
• Knowledge of IUCLID 6, R4BP and human or environmental exposure models (e.g. Chesar, EUSES) an advantage (desirable)
• Track record of line management experience (desirable)
Interested parties should apply directly to - - providing a CV and covering letter before the closing date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.