Human Health Exposure / Risk Assessment Expert
Posted on Jul 7, 2021 by Yordas Group
Not Specified, Germany
Job title - Human Health Exposure/Risk Assessment Expert
Grade - Dependent on experience
Location - Lancaster, UK / Forchheim, Germany / Hamilton, Canada / Remote Working
Salary range - Dependent on experience, full time position
We are looking to recruit a Human Health Exposure/Risk Assessment Expert to support our expanding business on REACH, Biocides and Food and Health Care products. The successful candidate will provide expert advice on human health exposure and risk to internal and external experts, and collaborating with partners and CROs, to support companies to comply with regulatory requirements.
The role involves extensive interaction with human health experts and chemists, as well as to support the growth and expansion of Yordas Risk assessment services on REACH, Biocides, Cosmetic, Med Devices and Food Contact Regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
The candidate would be responsible for:
• Perform human health safety assessments of substances and products under REACH, BPR and Cosmetic Regulations via application of a range of different simulation exposure models
• Responsibility for quantitative exposure and risk assessments by applying human health models (Stoffenmanager, Riskofderm, ART) and platforms (i.e. CHESAR) for the simulation of human exposure and risk
• Reviews and interpret toxicity information, regulatory guidance documents, and associated regulations
• Advocates technical positions on behalf of the client
• Prepare final chemical safety reports summarizing risk assessment procedures and results under various regulations, with a focus on REACH, BPR and Cosmetic Regulations
• Interacts with various interdisciplinary groups within the company to direct and develop report deliverables
• Attend and deliver seminars, workshops, training courses, and professional association meetings to maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory toxicology requirements and risk assessment paradigms, especially related to organisms
• Communicate and cooperate with clients and relevant authorities
Profile and Qualifications
• Must have MSc/PharmD or PhD in Biology, Health Science or significant experience in the assessment of toxicology hazard risk assessment of chemicals
• Knowledge of CHESAR and other risk assessment/exposure models
• Knowledge of Regulatory Toxicology with a special emphasis on hazard, exposure and risk assessment
• Working experience in Regulatory Consultancy of at least 2-3 years
• Working knowledge on hazard classification (CLP or GHS) and REACH
• Working knowledge of EU Biocidal Product Regulation, Cosmetic Regulations, Medical Devices or Food Contact Regulation
• Strongly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a global team
• Knowledge of IUCLID
• Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences
• Track record of line management experience
• Working knowledge of Endocrine Disruptor criteria for suspected endocrine disruptors such as Bisphenol A
Interested parties should apply directly to - - providing a CV and covering letter before the closing date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.