Application Architect - Fully Remote Role
Posted on Jul 7, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
6 Month Contract
Sector - Financial Services
Day Rate negotiable
The successful applicant for this position should have 3+ years as an application architect or enterprise architect. The architect will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of the application architecture model including the dataflow between these.
Keen to see experience particularly in Application migrations in Azure environments.
The architect will also need to interpret, use and applying information to support a range of strategic activities, particularly those involved in the transition and transformation of applications across the group.
The principal responsibilities are:
- Create and own application architecture documents based on evolving application landscape and business requirements.
- Providing the technical application solution on projects, including components such as design and integrations.
- Work on projects to provide documented application solutions based on existing and new applications.
- Work with project stakeholders and provide status updates, risks and escalate to have them resolved.
- Identify risks, issues and assumptions with the application landscape.
- Collaborate with business and IT teams to implement and transition to future state architecture.
- Be a problem solver capable of translating business needs into technology solutions.
- Ensure that the design being applied meets policies, principles, and standards.
- Working with the technical design authority to ensure the infrastructure design meets the application landscape requirements.
- Experience working on large projects with multiple applications, interfaces and stakeholders.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3 years' experience in a similar role with a complex application landscape
- Experience with application integrations
- Experience with complex application landscapes
- Experience working on transition and transformation projects beneficial.
- Experience in the Funds Industry beneficial.
- Proficient in one or more modelling standards such as UML, Archimate.
- Familiar with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachmann, or other
- Experience with Modelling tools such as Archi, Visio, or other
- 3rd Level IT Qualification, Background in the financial Industry preferable
- Strong understanding of application development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present in a clear and concise manner.
- Educated to Bachelor Degree Level or equivalent qualifications/work experience