Data Disposition Lead
Posted on Jul 7, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
Data Disposition Lead/Remote/12 months/Start ASAP
The Data Disposition Lead will ensure that clear Data Disposition strategy and framework are defined and governed, managing the balance between the value of data and risk, limiting exposure to regulatory issues and reducing the likelihood of compliance breaches - these would consider various regulations, retention policies, consumer requests or other business needs. For the duration of the programme, and as new solutions introduced, this role will ensure the proper handling of existing data sets (eg to be migrated, archived, or disposed of). This role requires understanding of legal and regulatory requirements for my client's business activities.
Key outputs include approved Policies and Standards for data migration, retention, archiving and disposition; supplemented by principles and guidance.
* Creates/refines the Data Disposition Strategy in accordance with Legal and Regulatory requirements
* Establishes governance and approach for data disposition, ensuring that policies, standards and procedures for data disposition are developed, reviewed and approved
* Verifies compliance with data disposition standards through review of project designs
* Leads the creation of a data retention, archiving and disposal schedule in line with Business, Legal and Regulatory requirements
* Leads the definition of a repeatable process for data migration, including roles & responsibilities, and the identification of which data should be archived/disposed of in line with approved standards.
* Liaises with others to help establish and utilise common tooling to support data migration, archiving and disposal activities.
* Deep understanding of the information and data life cycle management
* Strong understanding of the Legal and Regulatory requirements for different types of data
* Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
* Awareness of the technical issues that impact the management of data
* At the forefront on the current trends in data management and their application in solving data related issues