Palo Alto Network engineer
Posted on Jul 6, 2021 by Hadron Finsys GmbH
We are looking for an experienced networking engineer with hands-on experience with Palo Alto Firewall and Panorama. Good knowledge of networking, routing and Internet protocols (OSPF, BGP, HTTP/https, DNS, dhcp, etc.) is assumed.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Install, configure, manage, and resolve issues for Palo Alto Firewall and Panoram. Maintain and manage border security systems, such as intrusion detection systems
- and Firewalls. Support, monitor, and take care of existing configuration changes for Palo Alto Networks.
- Conversant with procedures, such as change management, automation, and revision control. Cisco experience will help (troubleshooting mainly). Assist with network
- security issues of clients and suggest recommendations after researching best industry practices, documenting the configuration and installation.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining Palo Alto Firewall technologies. Knowledge of MPLS, VRF, VPN, and network routing. Expertise in TCP/IP. Experience in working with Internet technologies.
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting internal networks and connectivity with the outside world.
- Previous experience within the Financial Services industry is an advantage.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or a related field (mathematics, statistics), or relevant work experience.
- Fluent in English, an advantage if fluent also in German, but not a must.
- Proactive and open minded personality applying common sense to solve the issues and set standards.
- Analytical skills as well as an accurate working style.
- Palo Alto/Cisco certifications desirable, but relevant work experience suffices.