Posted on Jul 6, 2021 by Hokodo
Locations: Paris / London / Remote
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join our Tech team, to work on Hokodo's insurance and payment API.
Who are we?
We're a fast growing international team of English-speaking experienced tech, insurance and data science specialists, based in Paris, London and many other places both inland and abroad, at the early stage of our adventure! We're well funded too! We believe in open, transparent teams, filled with quality people aiming together at ambitious goals.
The serious business bit...
We're bringing B2B commerce into the 21st century with smart, easy to integrate, digital trade credit solutions. To put it simply, we are modernising the way businesses buy from each other by making it easier and safer to offer credit terms to business customers.
Almost 60% of B2B trade currently takes place on credit terms, yet current processes for offering trade credit are outdated and not fit for the digital age. We solve these issues by offering B2B merchants a powerful set of tools with our Trade Credit as a Service solution, allowing them to offer credit terms to their business customers instantly through a frictionless checkout experience. ????
Merchants that have already integrated with us see on average a 40% increase in revenues '... and we're only just getting started.
Who are you?
We'll let you take a moment to think more philosophically about this, but for us... We are seeking a sharp, energetic and passionate individual. We are looking for all varieties of talented engineers, who are driven to grow and make a difference!
- As a backend engineer at Hokodo, you will carry our value of creating seamless integrations right through the customer journey. This is key to delivering on our promise to bring trade credit into the digital age and offer business customers a seamless service, in the most painless, straightforward and transparent way.
- You are quick to learn new technologies, while understanding that the latest new thing isn't necessarily the best tool. Understanding the value of strong testing and attention to detail while staying open minded and willing to learn new technologies.
- We know what it's like to be so involved in a project you get lost in your own bubble, but we'd expect you to be pragmatic and find the right compromise for the sake of overall company goals in delivering our product out to consumers. Whilst we understand you might want your own space, we're also big on our culture, so you should be open to teamwork and collaboration.
- AWS for the infrastructure
The techy bit...
Ideally you will be a Python veteran, with a good understanding of modern web applications, HTTP and REST APIs. Bonus points if you're familiar with django REST framework.
Current tech stack:
- Python + django REST framework in the backend
- React.js + Redux in the front-end
- PostgreSQL for the database
- AWS for the infrastructure
Whats in it for you?
Aside from the assumed, a competitive remuneration, we're offering the chance to really make a difference. The opportunity for personal growth in a fast-moving startup is very real. The platform is yours to bring your technical experience to the table and create something special.
Your opinion and feedback will be heard and valued and you'll feel a part of a very special family.
How do I Apply?
No need for long formalities. Send us your CV and we'll schedule a video or phone interview.
We tried to build a lightweight process:
- A video / phone interview with our CTO
- A take-home technical test, which tries to reflect the challenges we face at Hokodo and should take around two to three hours
- A video / phone interview with our CTO and one of our developers, to review your submission for the technical test, and talk about technical subjects in general
- A final video / phone interview with one of the non technical co-founder