Senior Platform Engineer
Posted on Jul 6, 2021 by Appsbroker Ltd
Appsbroker is Google's largest MSP in Europe for Google Cloud
We offer you opportunities to work on leading-edge cloud services to some of the world's most exciting brands, in sectors from retail through automotive to finance. We expose you to some of the most exciting Cloud transformation and optimisation project opportunities utilising Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Our ongoing growth has resulted in opportunities being created in our Platform, Data, AppMod and HPC areas of business. We are seeking aspiring and established consultant engineers to drive forward our customers journey on Google Cloud.
Day to Day
Joining a brilliant team of 150+ people spread throughout the UK and Romania, you'll find
Appsbroker is dynamic and the role is varied (there is no 'typical day') and truly 'end to end' so you'll get involved in a wide range of activities but here is what to expect:
- Meet with enterprise level customers, either at pre-sales or discovery stages, assessing and refining their technical requirements.
- Design, build, test, deploy and support the agreed solution collaborating with a multi-functional team across Appsbroker, the Client and Google.
- Work with colleagues and your own initiative to develop internal tooling for the wider Platform Team and mentor/skill up more junior colleagues to help them meet their career aspirations.
- Potential travel to client sites as appropriate (when restrictions allow)
What we need from you
- Hands on experience with GCP - Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge around various technologies related to; containerisation (kubernetes), config management (puppet, chef, ansible), Scripting (python, bash), infrastructure as code (terraform) and CI tools such as GitlabCI, Jenkins. cloud infrastructure components and DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, GitLab, Jenkins, Terraform to name a few.
- Articulate communication skills to explain complex solutions to external or internal customers in a clear and concise manner, aligned with the ability to adjust style to a varied audience within an organisation.
- Ideally, you will have exposure working in a consultancy or professional services role. (We can develop you if you have only worked with internal customers)
- Outstanding learning opportunities with clear paths to become certified in GCP and work with the finest engineers on the platform
- 25 days' basic holiday
- 4 x salary life assurance
- Contributory pension
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible working and work from home options
- Employee Assistance Programme
Appsbroker is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
As an applicant please review our Privacy statement on our website.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£575 - £650 Daily
£650 - £700 Daily
£75k - £85k Annual
£70k - £90k Annual