Container Platform Architect
Posted on Jul 6, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Container Platform Architect. Candidate will be responsible for assessing, selecting, developing, customizing, and integrating tools and technologies in support of the Container Platforms roadmap. You will research and experiment with new container-related technologies (after all, the CNCF landscape grows daily) to support identified feature needs, iteratively improve service stability/availability, and improve customer experience. You will evangelize the container services by developing operations and user best practices, contributing to the technical library, and presenting to the user community to drive adoption.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap aligned with current and emerging strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with development teams, product managers, business leaders, engineering, operations teams and security teams to identify and deliver features of value to the users and the enterprise.
- Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the infrastructure and software life cycle including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, time-to-market, and value flow for users
- Design, implement and operate automated, container services platform with a focus on application concerns, including migrating workloads to containers, containerizing development workflows, high availability, networking policy, service routing, observability, integrating with shared enterprise services, integrating container platforms with automated continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines, and platform security
- Design and implement APIs and other tooling as required to enable consumption of containerized computing resources as a secure, reliable, and highly automated service consumable by business focused development resources.
- When necessary, participate in technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation efforts.
- Develop methodology and tooling as required in support of observability of applications and the platforms to support efforts such as capacity planning, workload placement and balancing, chargeback, etc.
- Drive initiatives across organization boundaries as required to ensure availability of underlying infrastructure, CI/CD tooling, and cybersecurity servicesas required in support of container platform service requirements.
- Demonstrated experience providing architectural leadership integrating Kubernetes into large enterprises with substantial cybersecurity and regulatory requirements in a manner that is easily consumable by development teams as a highly automated and resilient service.
- Three years of experience working with container build and runtime technologies.
- Two years of experience architecting, implementing, and maintaining Kubernetes cluster deployments with a preference for experience with vendor supported variants such as VMware PKS/TKGI and IBM/Redhat OpenShift.
- Hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one IaaS provider (Azure, Amazon, Google Cloud Platform).
- Five years of experience building and supportingdistributed computing environments.
- Robust proficiency in Linux and/or Windows systems.
- Demonstrated competency in a programming/Scripting language, with a strong preferenceforGo experience.
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation APIs using interface definition tools like Swagger.
- Strong understanding of virtual computing environments and concepts such as hypervisors, virtual Switches, vCPU, and load balancing concepts.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP network concepts including bridging, switching, routing & DNS.
- Experience working with one or more CNI provider implementations.
- Strong understanding of continuous integration concepts and tooling, preferably with hands on experience designing or implementing portions of CI/CD pipelines, and integrating such pipelines with source code and container imagescans etc.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure loggingand observabilitytechnologies, suchas Splunk, Prometheus,Grafana, Wavefront.
- Demonstrated understanding of Cybersecurity threats and mitigating controls.
- Demonstrated understanding ofPublic Key Infrastructure.Experience with cert-manager on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Strong understanding of and/or actual hands-on experience deploying and managing a service mesh such as Linkerd or Istio.
- Understanding of theimportanceof securing the software supplychain,experience implementing automation in this space is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Physics, Math, Engineering or comparable experience
- Experience with managed Kubernetes services such as AKS, EKS or GKE/Anthos is a plus but not required.
- Experience with.Netcore.
- Network Security/Firewalls experience and or experience with Kubernetes Network policies
- Passionate about developing high quality technology and process-driven solutions to business challenges.
- Passionate about technology and automation.
- Commitment to continued knowledge acquisition and to seeking out opportunities to transfer knowledge and experience to others throughout the enterprise.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$160k - $180k Annual
$170k - $180k Annual