IT Infrastructure Manager
Posted on Jul 5, 2021 by The Royak Group Inc.
The IT Infrastructure Manager will be responsible for the company's operational requirements related to information technology. His or her main task is to manage the company's data and implement up-to-date solutions across the IT infrastructure. Will oversee the company's technical staff and will work closely with the Global VP of IT to propose improvements to the business infrastructure and report progress on various projects. Will be responsible for making sure that the company's network infrastructure and associated systems run smoothly, perform within agreed targets and provide a secure platform for the company's business operations. Will also act as an IT Specialist when the company needs to find solutions to complex technical issues.
- Responsible for monitoring the systems to ensure the highest level of infrastructure performance.
- Will assist in network interface planning, hardware resource availability and the development and or introduction of new applications.
- Practice network asset management including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Establish service level agreements.
- Provide ownership of problem thru final resolution.
- Plan, acquire and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network.
- Prepare bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Assess, approve and administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of Servers, including e-mail, print, and backup Servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including Routers, Switches, hubs, UPSs and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including Firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Test server performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Oversee the administration of user accounts, permissions and access rights in AD.
- Direct and administrate network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Ability to influence others to accept best practices and approaches.
- Assist in identifying and quantifying project risks and opportunities.
- Develop and implement test plans, assuring quality in all project deliverables.
- Drive continuous improvement in IT processes and increase operational efficiencies.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
- 8+ years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Conversant with programming languages such as .Net, PHP.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations (including data privacy practices and laws) to company operations.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as Servers, Routers, bridges, Switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
- Fortinet, Hyper-V, Nimble SAN experience would be a plus.
- Familiar with cloud technologies and services.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and methodologies.
- Experience with Crystal Reports or similar tools and querying languages such as SQL.
- Read and write in the English language.
- Interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$125k - $125k Annual