Software Developer - Back End
Posted on Jul 5, 2021 by Elevate Direct
Software Engineers aid in delivery of loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in both public & private cloud architectures. This role is focused on creating solutions to a wide variety of technical challenges, while independently designing, implementing, and testing new functionality, and collaborating with peers and technical leads.
- Work closely with your team to design, code, and test robust, scalable, loosely coupled components which integrate into public & private cloud infrastructures.
- Consistently apply forward-thinking software design, implementation, and test principles.
- Mentor junior developers while demonstrating leadership.
- Focus efforts to optimize on-time delivery of features and bug fixes with high quality.
- Work in an agile environment that enables development teams to iterate rapidly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing in cloud environments (both public and private, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or VMware vSphere).
- Strong knowledge and experience with container and orchestration systems such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with web technologies (eg, HTTP, REST APIs and JSON) and source code version control tool such as Git.
- Experience with DBMS technologies, eg PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Detailed understanding of computer networking.
- Superlative analytical as well as trouble-shooting skills.
- Dynamic collaborators who thrive in diverse, geographically distributed teams.
- Able to demonstrate teamwork abilities which include diplomacy, promotion of sound ideas & concepts, paired with the desire to help others grow their skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree; and/or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in relevant roles.
- Outstanding coding abilities with languages such as Go, Python, C++.